Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDAP users with RBAC Roles
Operating Systems Solaris LDAP users with RBAC Roles Post 302389578 by solaris_user on Monday 25th of January 2010 09:34:36 AM
Old 01-25-2010
I do no want to be vulgar but Java, OpenSolaris and RBAC are products that I call garbage

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalent of ADMCHG for LDAP Users

All newly created Aix5 users are forced to change password first time when they log in. We know removing the ADMCHG flag in passwd file will not prompt the user for change password. But we are trying to figure out the similar solution if the user is created as a LDAP user ?. Any help? Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipas
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

link LDAP-Users

hi, is it possible to link users on a LDAP-Server from one container to another? we have two trees, one for AIX and one for solaris-linux but we have a few users in both trees, they should have the same password and a password change must affect both entries we use IBM Directory Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

3. Linux

Monitor ldap users

Any way to find the ldap users currently logged into the clinets ? I am using Openldap with NFS for home directory mounts. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
0 Replies

4. AIX

Customize Roles - HMC

Hi All, i would like to know if it's possible to create a new custom role on HMC to manage only one LPAR and few activity on it (START,STOP,CONSOLE). It's possible create this custom role? If yes where i can read something about? Thanks in advance. Bye. Zio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
1 Replies

5. Linux

Help me with all users ldap

Need to find the ldap id's of all the users in my organizations... is there any command??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
0 Replies

6. AIX

RBAC and LDAP users (AD)

Hello everyone, I am having trouble with something, and I can't find the right answer online. On our company, we are using LDAP Authentication with Active Directory (Windows 2008 Servers) to have a centralized management of AIX 7.1 users. So far so good, but now, we want to implement RBAC on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janpol
7 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle Database - How to check if user roles and system roles are separated?

I have these two table. How do I see if user roles and system roles are seperated? SQL> desc DBA_ROLES; Name Null? Type ----------------------------------------- -------- ---------------------------- ROLE NOT NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies

8. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

9. Solaris

How do you assign multiple roles in RBAC?

Oracle Solaris 10 9/10 s10s_u9wos_14a SPARC Hi, just starting with RBAC. I have managed to create a test user with assigned roles: Basic Actions Basic Solaris UserI also didroleadd -d /export/home/userrole -m userrolebut when I didrolemod -P "Basic Actions" userrole rolemod -P "Basic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
1 Replies
Authen::Simple::LDAP(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Authen::Simple::LDAP(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Simple::LDAP - Simple LDAP authentication SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Simple::LDAP; my $ldap = Authen::Simple::LDAP->new( host => 'ldap.company.com', basedn => 'ou=People,dc=company,dc=net' ); if ( $ldap->authenticate( $username, $password ) ) { # successfull authentication } # or as a mod_perl Authen handler PerlModule Authen::Simple::Apache PerlModule Authen::Simple::LDAP PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleLDAP_host "ldap.company.com" PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleLDAP_basedn "ou=People,dc=company,dc=net" <Location /protected> PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::LDAP AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Area" Require valid-user </Location> DESCRIPTION
Authenticate against a LDAP service. METHODS
o new This method takes a hash of parameters. The following options are valid: o host Connection host, can be a hostname, IP number or a URI. Defaults to "localhost". host => ldap.company.com host => 10.0.0.1 host => ldap://ldap.company.com:389 host => ldaps://ldap.company.com o port Connection port, default to 389. May be overridden by host if host is a URI. port => 389 o timeout Connection timeout, defaults to 60. timeout => 60 o version The LDAP version to use, defaults to 3. version => 3 o binddn The distinguished name to bind to the server with, defaults to bind anonymously. binddn => 'uid=proxy,cn=users,dc=company,dc=com' o bindpw The credentials to bind with. bindpw => 'secret' o basedn The distinguished name of the search base. basedn => 'cn=users,dc=company,dc=com' o filter LDAP filter to use in search, defaults to "(uid=%s)". filter => '(uid=%s)' o scope The search scope, can be "base", "one" or "sub", defaults to "sub". filter => 'sub' o log Any object that supports "debug", "info", "error" and "warn". log => Log::Log4perl->get_logger('Authen::Simple::LDAP') o authenticate( $username, $password ) Returns true on success and false on failure. EXAMPLE USAGE
Apple Open Directory my $ldap = Authen::Simple::LDAP->new( host => 'od.company.com', basedn => 'cn=users,dc=company,dc=com', filter => '(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%s))' ); Microsoft Active Directory my $ldap = Authen::Simple::LDAP->new( host => 'ad.company.com', binddn => 'proxyuser@company.com', bindpw => 'secret', basedn => 'cn=users,dc=company,dc=com', filter => '(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=%s))' ); Active Directory by default does not allow anonymous binds. It's recommended that a proxy user is used that has sufficient rights to search the desired tree and attributes. SEE ALSO
Authen::Simple::ActiveDirectory. Authen::Simple. Net::LDAP. AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-23 Authen::Simple::LDAP(3pm)