Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wget skips certain files.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting wget skips certain files. Post 302389410 by Narnie on Sunday 24th of January 2010 07:50:10 PM
Old 01-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jostber
Can you use the recursive option for wget?

wget -r nd <link>
I used the r option in the first codeset above

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Cron Skips Execution

Hi All, I got a very strange problem, i have created a cron schedule that will run a programme once in every 12 mins, like 04,16,28,40,52 * * * * /myf/startProcessA 1> &- Some time the cron skips the execution such as 04,28 instead of executing at 16 mins. it starts execution at 28, i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

why read line skips some lines...

Dear Guru: This has got to be a difficult question, as I've worked on it for a good amount of time now & still puzzled... So here is the simplified logic in my code: while read LINE do #install a pkg with the name extracted from this line install_pkg name done <... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemoon1
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using wget and check for non-zero files

Hello, I'm using a shell script containing a wget-command that copies html-files from a website to my ISP-server. I therefore want to check if that file exist and also if the filessize is larger than e.g. 100 bytes. Probably it's done by using something like fileexist and filesize. The wget... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weatherboys
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to limit files downloaded by wget

I am trying to download a page and retrieve only wav and mp3 files via wget. the website is: Alarm Sounds | Free Sound Effects | Alarm Sound Clips | Sound Bites my command is : wget -rl 2 -e robots=off -A wav,mp3 http://soundbible.com/tags-alarm.html When not using the -A wav,mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

more f skips two pages

Hi, I am new to linux. I am using more command to view the contents of a file. If the file has many pages i am using f to move forward to the next page. But when i press f it skips to two pages instead of one page. i checked the man more. It shows the default is 1. Please share your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokiak810
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut command skips spaces

Hi everyone I have a file looks like this X01 1 JOE 20100312 X02 TOD 20100312 X03 3 SAM 20100312 I wrote a script to assign the values in 5 columns to 5 variables. When I use cut command to assign column 2 or 3, it skips it if it is a space (see below) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with WGET and renaming downloaded files :(

Hi everybody, I would greatly appreciate some expertise in this matter. I am trying find an efficient way to batch download files from a website and rename each file with the url it originated from (from the CLI). (ie. Instead of xyz.zip, the output file would be http://www.abc.com/xyz.zip) A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files download using wget

Hi, I need to implement below logic to download files daily from a URL. * Need to check if it is yesterday's file (YYYY-DD-MM.dat) * If present then download from URL (sample_url/2013-01-28.dat) * Need to implement wait logic if not present * if it still not able to find the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - how to ignore files in immediate directory?

i am trying to recursively save a remote FTP server but exclude the files immediately under a directory directory1 wget -r -N ftp://user:pass@hostname/directory1 I want to keep these which may have more files under them directory1/dir1/file.jpg directory1/dir2/file.jpg... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
BURN(1) 							       Burn								   BURN(1)

NAME
burn - record from various sources to optical media (CD, DVD) SYNOPSIS
burn MAIN_MODE [OPTIONS]... [FILE/S]... burn --help DESCRIPTION
CD-writing program/script. Features Data-CD, Audio-CD, Copy on the fly, Iso-CD. CONFIGURATION
Configuration files for burn are: ~/.burnrc or /etc/burn.conf. You can edit them to change values. If you don't have these files you can: 1. use burn-configure utility 2. take the configuration template, edit and copy it as ~/.burnrc or /etc/burn.conf MAIN MODES
-D, --data-cd To create Data-CD -I, --iso-cd To create ISO-CD -C, --copy-cd To copy CDs -A, --audio-cd To create an audio CD from WAV, MP3 and ogg files EXAMPLES
# burn -D -p /etc/ Creates a CD with /etc/ contents. (you will find files and directories contained in /etc in CD's root.) # burn -D -p /home/bigpaul/video/summer_2003/spain.tar.gz Creates a CD with spain.tar.gz in CD's root # burn -D -r /etc/ Creates a CD containing the whole /etc/ directory. (-r preserves path) # burn -D -c /mail_2003 /home/bigpaul/Mail -p /boot/vmli* Creates a CD containing the whole /home/bigpaul/Mail renamed into /mail_2003. (-c changes path name). This command also adds in CD's root every vmli* file in /boot/ directory # burn -I -n image.iso Burns image.iso # burn -C Copy CDs (disk at once). # burn -A -a *.wav Creates an Audio CD. Tracks come from wav files # burn -A -a *.mp3 Creates an Audio CD. Tracks come from mp3 files # burn -A -a *.ogg Creates an Audio CD. Tracks come from Ogg Vorbis files # burn -A -a *.mp3 file.ogg track01.wav Creates an Audio CD preserving input order. In this example the first audio tracks will come from mp3 files, than we will find the one from file.ogg and finally the one from track01.wav GENERAL OPTIONS
-s, --simulate to perform a burn simulation DATA-CD OPTIONS -p, --path add file/s or path's content to CD-ROM's root. e.g.: -p /cvs/myproj/. In this example we will find CD-ROM's root filled with /cvs/myproj/ contents, but no /cvs/myproj/ will be created -r, --preserve-path add file/s or path's content to CD-ROM preserving original path. e.g.: -r /cvs/myproj/. In this example we will find /cvs/myproj/ in CD-ROM's root -x, --exclude-path every file or directory matching this string will not be included -c, --change-path old_path will be named new_path in CD-ROM. e.g.: -c /my_home/2004_Jan/ /home/bigpaul/. Thus /home/bigpaul/ will be named /my_home/2004_Jan/ in CD-ROM. -l, --follow-symlink this option allows burn to follow symbolic link directories -m, --multisession this option allows multisession CDs ISO-CD OPTIONS -n, --name image name AUDIO-CD OPTIONS -a, --audio-file mp3, ogg or wav file/s AUTHOR
Ben Finney <ben+python@benfinney.id.au>, Gaetano Paolone <bigpaul@hacknight.org> COPYRIGHT
This is free software: you may copy, modify, and/or distribute this work under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later as published by the Free Software Foundation. No warranty expressed or implied. See the source for details. 2009-07-22 BURN(1)