Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wget skips certain files.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting wget skips certain files. Post 302389407 by jostber on Sunday 24th of January 2010 07:37:04 PM
Old 01-24-2010
Can you use the recursive option for wget?

wget -r nd <link>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Cron Skips Execution

Hi All, I got a very strange problem, i have created a cron schedule that will run a programme once in every 12 mins, like 04,16,28,40,52 * * * * /myf/startProcessA 1> &- Some time the cron skips the execution such as 04,28 instead of executing at 16 mins. it starts execution at 28, i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

why read line skips some lines...

Dear Guru: This has got to be a difficult question, as I've worked on it for a good amount of time now & still puzzled... So here is the simplified logic in my code: while read LINE do #install a pkg with the name extracted from this line install_pkg name done <... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemoon1
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using wget and check for non-zero files

Hello, I'm using a shell script containing a wget-command that copies html-files from a website to my ISP-server. I therefore want to check if that file exist and also if the filessize is larger than e.g. 100 bytes. Probably it's done by using something like fileexist and filesize. The wget... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weatherboys
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to limit files downloaded by wget

I am trying to download a page and retrieve only wav and mp3 files via wget. the website is: Alarm Sounds | Free Sound Effects | Alarm Sound Clips | Sound Bites my command is : wget -rl 2 -e robots=off -A wav,mp3 http://soundbible.com/tags-alarm.html When not using the -A wav,mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

more f skips two pages

Hi, I am new to linux. I am using more command to view the contents of a file. If the file has many pages i am using f to move forward to the next page. But when i press f it skips to two pages instead of one page. i checked the man more. It shows the default is 1. Please share your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokiak810
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut command skips spaces

Hi everyone I have a file looks like this X01 1 JOE 20100312 X02 TOD 20100312 X03 3 SAM 20100312 I wrote a script to assign the values in 5 columns to 5 variables. When I use cut command to assign column 2 or 3, it skips it if it is a space (see below) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with WGET and renaming downloaded files :(

Hi everybody, I would greatly appreciate some expertise in this matter. I am trying find an efficient way to batch download files from a website and rename each file with the url it originated from (from the CLI). (ie. Instead of xyz.zip, the output file would be http://www.abc.com/xyz.zip) A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files download using wget

Hi, I need to implement below logic to download files daily from a URL. * Need to check if it is yesterday's file (YYYY-DD-MM.dat) * If present then download from URL (sample_url/2013-01-28.dat) * Need to implement wait logic if not present * if it still not able to find the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - how to ignore files in immediate directory?

i am trying to recursively save a remote FTP server but exclude the files immediately under a directory directory1 wget -r -N ftp://user:pass@hostname/directory1 I want to keep these which may have more files under them directory1/dir1/file.jpg directory1/dir2/file.jpg... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
SMBGET(1)							   User Commands							 SMBGET(1)

NAME
smbget - wget-like utility for download files over SMB SYNOPSIS
smbget [-a, --guest] [-r, --resume] [-R, --recursive] [-u, --username=STRING] [-p, --password=STRING] [-w, --workgroup=STRING] [-n, --nonprompt] [-d, --debuglevel=INT] [-D, --dots] [-P, --keep-permissions] [-o, --outputfile] [-f, --rcfile] [-q, --quiet] [-v, --verbose] [-b, --blocksize] [-O, --stdout] [-?, --help] [--usage] {smb://host/share/path/to/file} [smb://url2/] [...] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. smbget is a simple utility with wget-like semantics, that can download files from SMB servers. You can specify the files you would like to download on the command-line. The files should be in the smb-URL standard, e.g. use smb://host/share/file for the UNC path \\HOST\SHARE\file. OPTIONS
-a, --guest Work as user guest -r, --resume Automatically resume aborted files -R, --recursive Recursively download files -u, --username=STRING Username to use -p, --password=STRING Password to use -w, --workgroup=STRING Workgroup to use (optional) -n, --nonprompt Don't ask anything (non-interactive) -d, --debuglevel=INT Debuglevel to use -D, --dots Show dots as progress indication -P, --keep-permissions Set same permissions on local file as are set on remote file. -o, --outputfile Write the file that is being downloaded to the specified file. Can not be used together with -R. -O, --stdout Write the file that is being downloaded to standard output. -f, --rcfile Use specified rcfile. This will be loaded in the order it was specified - e.g. if you specify any options before this one, they might get overriden by the contents of the rcfile. -q, --quiet Be quiet -v, --verbose Be verbose -b, --blocksize Number of bytes to download in a block. Defaults to 64000. -?, --help Show help message --usage Display brief usage message SMB URLS
SMB URL's should be specified in the following format: smb://[[[domain;]user[:password@]]server[/share[/path[/file]]]] smb:// means all the workgroups smb://name/ means, if name is a workgroup, all the servers in this workgroup, or if name is a server, all the shares on this server. EXAMPLES
# Recursively download 'src' directory smbget -R smb://rhonwyn/jelmer/src # Download FreeBSD ISO and enable resuming smbget -r smb://rhonwyn/isos/FreeBSD5.1.iso # Recursively download all ISOs smbget -Rr smb://rhonwyn/isos # Backup my data on rhonwyn smbget -Rr smb://rhonwyn/ BUGS
Permission denied is returned in some cases where the cause of the error is unknown (such as an illegally formatted smb:// url or trying to get a directory without -R turned on). VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The smbget manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 SMBGET(1)