Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bourn script on solaris 9
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bourn script on solaris 9 Post 302389340 by pludi on Sunday 24th of January 2010 10:42:04 AM
Old 01-24-2010
This sounds an awful lot like homework, since it's only a loop and an echo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I schedule a script on Solaris?

How can I schedule a script on Solaris? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krikets
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scheduling script to run another script on Solaris

Hi everyone, I am trying to automate one process on Solaris OS. This is what happens at the moment. Every night at 19:30 and every hour after that we run a script that checks the status of databases. That script runs and prints if db's are OK at the end it states how many were down. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrei
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help To convert xml file to text file using bourn shell scripts

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> <country_code>AK></country_code>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris request script

Hi, In the request script I need to read user input and store to variable to use it later in postinstall script. e.g. LOGDIR=/app/log echo "Please type the Log Directory : (current value: $LOGDIR)" read LOGDIR When asked, if the user enters a value the parameter is ok and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple script in solaris

i am using SunOS ReportServer 5.8 Generic_108528-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 and i just wrote a simple script like below: #!/sbin/sh df -k exit 0 when i run it i get response as below check.sh: not found please what am i doing wrong (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Please tune my script for Solaris

I have very big log file around 2-3 GB in that it contians 24 hours log data. My work is extract only 5-5 data and count the patterns from them. I worte a script in linux and we're using that. sed -n "/2009 05:/,/2009 17:/p" trace.log | grep -f patterns.txt > temp.log while read string ;do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Need help on a Script in Solaris

Ok here's the situation, i need to create a script in terminal that checks that the default umask is set to 025. If it is indeed set to 025, the script should echo "Exception: No" If it is not set to 025, the script should echo "Exception: Yes" How do i go about doing it? I'm new to this and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcus5
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to execute the script with script name wihtout using ./scriptname in Solaris 10

Hi, I am using solaris 10.Is there any way to execute the script with the scriptname wihtoug using ./scriptname?Also does it varies from shell to shell.I have scripts in bash,ksh,sh shells. Example:script.sh is the script name.I need to execute the script like this script.sh instead... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Same script for Solaris,Linux,AX

Hi , I have a script which is running in Solaris. But my requirement got changed...this script has to run in all OS like Linux,AIX. I tried it but most of the command is not found in all these OS. Is there any way so that i can just modify some part and run it in all OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
3 Replies
PMAP(1) 							   User Commands							   PMAP(1)

NAME
pmap - report memory map of a process SYNOPSIS
pmap [options] pid [...] DESCRIPTION
The pmap command reports the memory map of a process or processes. OPTIONS
-x, --extended Show the extended format. -d, --device Show the device format. -q, --quiet Do not display some header or footer lines. -A, --range low,high Limit results to the given range to low and high address range. Notice that the low and high arguments are single string separated with comma. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
0 Success. 1 Failure. 42 Did not find all processes asked for. SEE ALSO
ps(1), pgrep(1) STANDARDS
No standards apply, but pmap looks an awful lot like a SunOS command. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to <procps@freelists.org> procps-ng June 2011 PMAP(1)