Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bourn script on solaris 9
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bourn script on solaris 9 Post 302389338 by Ra@ed on Sunday 24th of January 2010 10:32:18 AM
Old 01-24-2010
MySQL Bourn script on solaris 9

Hello Everyone

I need a bourn script that allow the users to enter any network address from (172.21.2.1 - 172.21.2.24) .
more explanation :
the script should add entries (ip address&hostname) to the hosts file , so i can ping to another computer using the hostname .
the host file will be like this after execution the script :
172.21.2.1 sh1
172.21.2.2 sh2
............... ....
172.21.2.24 sh24

Note : I must use the loop process to creat this list .

I hope everyone help me

thank you all

Last edited by Scott; 01-24-2010 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Removed formatting

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I schedule a script on Solaris?

How can I schedule a script on Solaris? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krikets
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scheduling script to run another script on Solaris

Hi everyone, I am trying to automate one process on Solaris OS. This is what happens at the moment. Every night at 19:30 and every hour after that we run a script that checks the status of databases. That script runs and prints if db's are OK at the end it states how many were down. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrei
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help To convert xml file to text file using bourn shell scripts

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> <country_code>AK></country_code>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris request script

Hi, In the request script I need to read user input and store to variable to use it later in postinstall script. e.g. LOGDIR=/app/log echo "Please type the Log Directory : (current value: $LOGDIR)" read LOGDIR When asked, if the user enters a value the parameter is ok and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple script in solaris

i am using SunOS ReportServer 5.8 Generic_108528-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 and i just wrote a simple script like below: #!/sbin/sh df -k exit 0 when i run it i get response as below check.sh: not found please what am i doing wrong (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Please tune my script for Solaris

I have very big log file around 2-3 GB in that it contians 24 hours log data. My work is extract only 5-5 data and count the patterns from them. I worte a script in linux and we're using that. sed -n "/2009 05:/,/2009 17:/p" trace.log | grep -f patterns.txt > temp.log while read string ;do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Need help on a Script in Solaris

Ok here's the situation, i need to create a script in terminal that checks that the default umask is set to 025. If it is indeed set to 025, the script should echo "Exception: No" If it is not set to 025, the script should echo "Exception: Yes" How do i go about doing it? I'm new to this and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcus5
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Need to execute the script with script name wihtout using ./scriptname in Solaris 10

Hi, I am using solaris 10.Is there any way to execute the script with the scriptname wihtoug using ./scriptname?Also does it varies from shell to shell.I have scripts in bash,ksh,sh shells. Example:script.sh is the script name.I need to execute the script like this script.sh instead... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Same script for Solaris,Linux,AX

Hi , I have a script which is running in Solaris. But my requirement got changed...this script has to run in all OS like Linux,AIX. I tried it but most of the command is not found in all these OS. Is there any way so that i can just modify some part and run it in all OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
3 Replies
IFCFG-TUNNEL(5) 					       Network configuration						   IFCFG-TUNNEL(5)

NAME
ifcfg-tunnel - network tunnel interface configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-gre* /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-ipip* /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-sit* /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-tun* /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-tap* Tunnel interfaces It is possible to create static IP tunnel interfaces for three different protocols: SIT IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel GRE universal IPv4 tunnel IPIP IPv4 over IPv4 tunnel Additionally, also creation of user space program driven tunnels using the universal TUN/TAP device driver is supported: TAP Ethernet tunnel interface TUN Point-to-Point IP tunnel interface Since there is not yet a YaST2 support for creating tunnels one must write appropriate config files by hand for now. VARIABLES
These variables can used in ip tunnel config files: TUNNEL Here you have to set the tunnel protocol. This may be "sit" for IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel, "gre" for universal IPv4 tunnel, "ipip" for IPv4 over IPv4 tunnel and "tap" or "tun" for the user space program driven tunnels. TUNNEL_LOCAL_IPADDR or TUNNEL_DEVICE The address of the local tunnel's end could be directly specified in TUNNEL_LOCAL_IPADDR variable. The address must be present on an existing interface of this host (the TUNNEL_DEVICE). If TUNNEL_LOCAL_IPADDR is empty the first ipv4 address from the interface given in the variable TUNNEL_DEVICE will be used. TUNNEL_REMOTE_IPADDR The address of the remote tunnel's end. TUNNEL_TTL Specify the Time To Life of the packet which carries the tunneled data. Usually it is set to 64 but in some circumstances you may want do use something else between 1 and 255. Special value is "inherit" in which case the TTL is copied from the inner (tunneled) packet. This is also the default if the TTL variable wasn't used. TUNNEL_OPTIONS Here you may set additional options for the command ip tunnel add TUNNEL_SET_PERSISTENT Create a persistent tun or tap interface. Default is "yes". Non-persistent tunnels are not supported yet. TUNNEL_SET_OWNER and TUNNEL_SET_GROUP Allows to set the owner and group (by name or UID/GID) for persistent tun/tap interfaces. Examples for tunnel configurations This are some generic examples for different tunnel types. Replace the shown addresses and interface names by your individual ones. As con- figuration names you may choose the interface names. GRE and IPIP tunnels Create a GRE tunnel between a local computer with IP address 192.168.1.2 and a remote computer with IP address 172.16.2.3. After the tunnel is created assign an IP address 10.20.30.40 to it's local end. Default filename: ifcfg-gre1 STARTMODE='onboot' BOOTPROTO='static' TUNNEL='gre' TUNNEL_LOCAL_IPADDR='192.168.1.2' TUNNEL_REMOTE_IPADDR='172.16.2.3' IPADDR='10.20.30.40' TUNNEL_TTL='64' IPIP tunnel is created in exactly the same way, except that the variable TUNNEL has to be set to "ipip" in this case. Use filename ifcfg-tunl1 in this case. SIT tunnels for IPv6 over IPv4 There are two modes in which SIT tunnels may operate: static and 6to4 To create a "static" tunnel one needs to know an IPv4 address of the remote end, while for a "6to4" tunnel the remote end is a "6to4 relay". These relays are usually public and could be reached either under their respective IPv4 address or under a unique IPv4 any- cast address 192.88.99.1 (as defined in RFC 3068). This typical config file for a 6to4 tunnel should fit most user's needs and the only required change is the external interface name. Default filename: ifcfg-sit1 STARTMODE='onboot' BOOTPROTO='6to4' TUNNEL='sit' TUNNEL_DEVICE='eth0' TUNNEL_TTL='64' Additionally you need to set some routes. Do that in a file called ifroute-<configname> with the same configname as in ifcfg-<con- figname>. Default filename: ifroute-sit1 It may look like this: 2000::/3 2002:c058:6301::1 - - - metric 1 The magic string 2002:c058:6301::1 is a 6to4 version of the anycast IPv4 address 192.88.99.1. To create a "static" tunnel with local IPv6 address 3ffe:ffff::1234/64 use a config file like this: Default filename: ifcfg-sit1 STARTMODE='onboot' BOOTPROTO='static' TUNNEL='sit' TUNNEL_LOCAL_IPADDR='192.168.1.2' TUNNEL_REMOTE_IPADDR='172.16.2.3' IPADDR='3ffe:ffff::1234/64' TUNNEL_TTL='64' Universal TUN/TAP tunnels The universal TUN/TAP kernel driver provides an interface for user space programs to operate a tunnel. There are two modes in which the interface can be created: TUN (a Point-to-Point interface using local and remote IP) or TAP (like normal ethernet interface, e.g. for use in bridges). The following configuration allows to create the interfaces persistently: ifcfg-tap0 STARTMODE='onboot' BOOTPROTO='static' TUNNEL='tap' # optionally: TUNNEL_SET_PERSISTENT='yes' TUNNEL_SET_OWNER='username' TUNNEL_SET_GROUP='groupname' ifcfg-tun0 STARTMODE='onboot' BOOTPROTO='static' TUNNEL='tun' # optionally: TUNNEL_SET_PERSISTENT='yes' TUNNEL_SET_OWNER='username' TUNNEL_SET_GROUP='groupname' The user space program can be started later, e.g. by the ifservices(5) mechanism. The TUNNEL_SET_OWNER and TUNNEL_SET_GROUP settings allow to run the user space program with an different UID/GID than 0 (root). When not specified, the user space program has to run with UID 0. Non-persistent tunnels (TUNNEL_SET_PERSISTENT=no), where the user space program (e.g. openvpn) is started directly in ifup, are not supported yet. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Christian Zoz <zoz@suse.de> -- ifup script Michal Svec <msvec@suse.cz> -- ifup script Bjoern Jacke -- ifup script Mads Martin Joergensen <mmj@suse.de> -- ifup manual page Michal Ludvig <mludvig@suse.cz> -- tunnel support SEE ALSO
ifcfg(5), ifup(8). sysconfig August 2004 IFCFG-TUNNEL(5)