Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 8 Clone - Help
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 Clone - Help Post 302389198 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 23rd of January 2010 08:08:17 AM
Old 01-23-2010
does the script run without any problems? after the dump, is there any data on the NEW /usr slice? also there is NO slice 6 in your df output so you should probably delete the s6 in the slices definition of the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I clone Solaris 7 disk

could anyone give me a general idea of how i may clone a 2 Gig disk running Solaris 7 on it to another disk of the same size? currently, this system only has one disk in it though. i do have the ability to hook up another disk via SCSI. i have been told i need to boot to "miniroot" to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: obosha
9 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

clone disk

Disk cloning I had an external SCSI master disk that I used to clone to an identical external SCSI disk because the other SCSI disk would become corrupted. My original Master became corrupted so I used one of the other to good disk to copy back to the master. Unfortunately the new master needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stamperr
1 Replies

3. Solaris

clone solaris

I have a Sun Solaris 9 and I would like to clone the Operating System from a sun4u Sun Fire 480R machine to a Sun Fire 280R machine. The disk is the same size, the 480R has no space disk slot to the 280R disk for mirrioring, i have no external disk, I am not allowed to take the machine down. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Clone scsi disc solaris 8

I have a SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2, i have 2 scsi disk, the first with the S.O. and the second free. I read many in the forum about this: with single user, miniroot, dd, flarcreate, ufsdump and ufsrestore. Which is the best metod? If i clone the disk with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirher
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Backup / Clone Solaris Zone Issue

Hi, I'd like to discuss the subject of backing up / cloning Solaris zone. I was trying to clone zone A to zone B (Solaris 10 11/06: Cloning a Non-Global Zone on the Same System (System Administration Guide: Oracle Solaris Containers-Resource Management and Oracle Solaris Zones)). The first test... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clone mounts as is

Hello, Iam trying to clone AS IS two mounts like below /class_test/sa /class_dev/fd from one server onto another. I want to use tar and gzip to compress. Please let me know the options I have to use. Also I want to untar it in the destination server, so let me know how to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Redhat Clone

What is the best method to use to clone a Redhat machine, to ensure all software and config can be easily installed on new hardware? Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: da2013
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clone redhat to another PC

Hi, I'm a new user of this forum and I'm not an expert of linux. I have a broken old pc with red hat linux, I clone hdd to another pc with different mainboard and it's ok but it has only one problem, the usb ports not work. In the boot this message appears: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitv
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Need to Clone Solaris OS to another disk

Hi, I am trying to clone the hard disk image of Solaris OS on one disk to another disk. After some googling I found that there is a command "dd" to achieve this. However there is a condition to use the dd command, that the disk geometry of both the disks (source and target disks) should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
5 Replies

10. AIX

How to clone an AIX 5.3?

Hello all, I am trying to clone an entire aix 5.3 machine , not sure on the procedure.Can anyone help on what can be done ?Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
9 Replies
SYSTEMD.SLICE(5)						   systemd.slice						  SYSTEMD.SLICE(5)

NAME
systemd.slice - Slice unit configuration SYNOPSIS
slice.slice DESCRIPTION
A unit configuration file whose name ends in ".slice" encodes information about a slice unit. A slice unit is a concept for hierarchically managing resources of a group of processes. This management is performed by creating a node in the Linux Control Group (cgroup) tree. Units that manage processes (primarily scope and service units) may be assigned to a specific slice. For each slice, certain resource limits may be set that apply to all processes of all units contained in that slice. Slices are organized hierarchically in a tree. The name of the slice encodes the location in the tree. The name consists of a dash-separated series of names, which describes the path to the slice from the root slice. The root slice is named -.slice. Example: foo-bar.slice is a slice that is located within foo.slice, which in turn is located in the root slice -.slice. Note that slice units cannot be templated, nor is possible to add multiple names to a slice unit by creating additional symlinks to its unit file. By default, service and scope units are placed in system.slice, virtual machines and containers registered with systemd-machined(1) are found in machine.slice, and user sessions handled by systemd-logind(1) in user.slice. See systemd.special(5) for more information. See systemd.unit(5) for the common options of all unit configuration files. The common configuration items are configured in the generic [Unit] and [Install] sections. The slice specific configuration options are configured in the [Slice] section. Currently, only generic resource control settings as described in systemd.resource-control(5) are allowed. See the New Control Group Interfaces[1] for an introduction on how to make use of slice units from programs. IMPLICIT DEPENDENCIES
The following dependencies are implicitly added: o Slice units automatically gain dependencies of type After= and Requires= on their immediate parent slice unit. DEFAULT DEPENDENCIES
The following dependencies are added unless DefaultDependencies=no is set: o Slice units will automatically have dependencies of type Conflicts= and Before= on shutdown.target. These ensure that slice units are removed prior to system shutdown. Only slice units involved with late system shutdown should disable DefaultDependencies= option. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.unit(5), systemd.resource-control(5), systemd.service(5), systemd.scope(5), systemd.special(7), systemd.directives(7) NOTES
1. New Control Group Interfaces https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ControlGroupInterface/ systemd 237 SYSTEMD.SLICE(5)