Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Creating a printer emulator to capture PDL/PCL data coming in on port 9100. Post 302389134 by jgt on Friday 22nd of January 2010 06:40:43 PM
Old 01-22-2010
I would start by creating a PCL printer that prints to disk, then examine the disk file created to see if there is anything useful in it. I don't think you will find anything like a text file with one or two escape sequences at the beginning of it. You may be better off if you can create a generic/text only printer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCL Font does not download to printer.

OS: HP-UX B.11.11 U Printer: HP 8150. I require a font to be downloaded to the printer and used. As documented the steps are: 1. Tell printer to accept font 2. Send the font to the printer 3. Make the font permanent 4. Select font for use or in PCL 1. <Esc>*c90D 2.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture output to file and printer

Hi All : I wanted a unix command by which I could be able to print the output to a file and at the same time to a printer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ramamurthy Dasari (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdasari
1 Replies

4. SCO

Printer port

I installed an old laser printer using a print server. I can use from windows but not from unix. I set up the printer in unix as a remote printer and can ping the print server from a unix promt. I am thinking that I must open a port to the print server. Any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owbf
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red hat 5. - PCL Printer

I need to setup a HP 4000 PCL printer - it seems out of the box - I can only can use PostScript. Any guidance is appreciated. In the SCO world - I used HPNP with no problems. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markb4
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Landscape to PCL 6 Printer

I've looked around and am able to print landscape to a PCL 5 printer with this command: lp -o landscape -o cpi=20 -o page-right=30 -o page-left=30 -d <printer> <file>. Which gives me a nice 200 columns. But, when I send the same output and the same commands to a PCL 6 printer, it comes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariqjamal
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Print Spooling using raw port 9100

Hello all, I need to setup a print server that listens on three separate network interfaces, and sends jobs to the corresponding print queue. Example: 192.168.69.100 - printer1 -> Out to 139.177.69.100:9100 192.168.69.101 - printer2 -> Out to 139.177.69.101:9100 192.168.69.102 - printer2 ->... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZekesGarage
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Printer (lpadmin) error - blank pages PS/PCL

Help! I have to solve an urgent problem! I have a Solaris 10 server, where I created a line of printing with the command # /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p IL_Printer -s pv24002 -v /dev/null -m netstandard_foomatic -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon/cnl66e1.ppd.gz -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
0 Replies

9. SCO

Printing to a working network printer using PCL

I am trying to get a network printer to work that currently works from my Unix (5.0.7) server when printing text files only. When I try to print post script files like a PDF file I get all of the controls so I am not sure if I have my printer configuration setup properly in Unix The printer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Port flow capture

I am trying to get an output using the command tcpdump -w /tmp/syn.pcap 'tcp & (tcp-syn) != 0' But I am getting the error: tcpdump: no suitable device found Is there an alternate command to achieve this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies
classes.conf(5) 						    Apple Inc.							   classes.conf(5)

NAME
classes.conf - class configuration file for cups DESCRIPTION
The classes.conf file defines the local printer classes that are available. It is normally located in the /etc/cups directory and is gener- ated automatically by the cupsd(8) program when printer classes are added or deleted. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
<Class name> ... </Class> Defines a specific printer class. <DefaultClass name> ... </Class> Defines a default printer class. Accepting Yes Accepting No Specifies whether the printer is accepting new jobs. AllowUser [ user @group ... ] Allows specific users and groups to print to the printer. DenyUser [ user @group ... ] Prevents specific users and groups from printing to the printer. Info text Specifies human-readable text describing the printer. JobSheets banner banner Specifies the banner pages to use for the printer. KLimit number Specifies the job-k-limit value for the printer. Location text Specifies human-readable text describing the location of the printer. OpPolicy name Specifies the operation policy for the printer. PageLimit number Specifies the job-page-limit value for the printer. Printer Specifies a printer that is a member of the printer class. QuotaPeriod seconds Specifies the job-quota-period value for the printer. Shared Yes Shared No Specifies whether the printer is shared. State idle State stopped Specifies the initial state of the printer (Idle or Stopped) StateMessage text Specifies the message associated with the state. StateTime seconds Specifies the date/time associated with the state. SEE ALSO
cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), printers.conf(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 29 April 2009 CUPS classes.conf(5)