Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Creating a printer emulator to capture PDL/PCL data coming in on port 9100. Post 302389133 by Corona688 on Friday 22nd of January 2010 06:21:48 PM
Old 01-22-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by transistor
That might be my problem. Maybe WinDump is catching the incoming traffic but there is no application/service listening so the port isn't open and the source isn't getting a response. Have I got that right?
Maybye. Haven't used that tool.
Quote:
Hmm, so how do I open a port for listening?
It's already open, but nothing's there to listen. try netcat.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCL Font does not download to printer.

OS: HP-UX B.11.11 U Printer: HP 8150. I require a font to be downloaded to the printer and used. As documented the steps are: 1. Tell printer to accept font 2. Send the font to the printer 3. Make the font permanent 4. Select font for use or in PCL 1. <Esc>*c90D 2.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture output to file and printer

Hi All : I wanted a unix command by which I could be able to print the output to a file and at the same time to a printer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ramamurthy Dasari (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdasari
1 Replies

4. SCO

Printer port

I installed an old laser printer using a print server. I can use from windows but not from unix. I set up the printer in unix as a remote printer and can ping the print server from a unix promt. I am thinking that I must open a port to the print server. Any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owbf
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red hat 5. - PCL Printer

I need to setup a HP 4000 PCL printer - it seems out of the box - I can only can use PostScript. Any guidance is appreciated. In the SCO world - I used HPNP with no problems. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markb4
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Landscape to PCL 6 Printer

I've looked around and am able to print landscape to a PCL 5 printer with this command: lp -o landscape -o cpi=20 -o page-right=30 -o page-left=30 -d <printer> <file>. Which gives me a nice 200 columns. But, when I send the same output and the same commands to a PCL 6 printer, it comes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariqjamal
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Print Spooling using raw port 9100

Hello all, I need to setup a print server that listens on three separate network interfaces, and sends jobs to the corresponding print queue. Example: 192.168.69.100 - printer1 -> Out to 139.177.69.100:9100 192.168.69.101 - printer2 -> Out to 139.177.69.101:9100 192.168.69.102 - printer2 ->... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZekesGarage
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Printer (lpadmin) error - blank pages PS/PCL

Help! I have to solve an urgent problem! I have a Solaris 10 server, where I created a line of printing with the command # /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p IL_Printer -s pv24002 -v /dev/null -m netstandard_foomatic -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon/cnl66e1.ppd.gz -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
0 Replies

9. SCO

Printing to a working network printer using PCL

I am trying to get a network printer to work that currently works from my Unix (5.0.7) server when printing text files only. When I try to print post script files like a PDF file I get all of the controls so I am not sure if I have my printer configuration setup properly in Unix The printer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Port flow capture

I am trying to get an output using the command tcpdump -w /tmp/syn.pcap 'tcp & (tcp-syn) != 0' But I am getting the error: tcpdump: no suitable device found Is there an alternate command to achieve this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies
DVIHP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DVIHP(1)

NAME
dvihp - convert a TeX DVI file to Hewlett-Packard PCL SYNOPSIS
dvihp [options] dvifile[.dvi] DESCRIPTION
dvihp translates the given dvifile to Hewlett-Packard PCL using dvicopy(1) then $DVILJ (dvilj4 by default). In the absence of other options, pipe the PCL to $SPOOL (lpr by default). OPTIONS
Options are recognized from dvips where possible: -A print odd pages -B print even pages -d n set debug bits to n (see documentation) -D n set resolution to n -f run as filter -l n don't print pages after n -m manual feed -n n print n pages -O a,b set/change paper offset to a,b mm. -o s output to s instead of spooling -p n don't print pages before n. -Ps pass directly to lpr. -v verbose operation. -x n set magnification to n. --help write usage summary. Other options are passed to the dvilj program. BUGS
Email bug reports to tex-k@tug.org. SEE ALSO
dvicopy(1), dvilj4(1). December 24, 2009 DVIHP(1)