Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Creating a printer emulator to capture PDL/PCL data coming in on port 9100. Post 302389050 by Corona688 on Friday 22nd of January 2010 11:23:55 AM
Old 01-22-2010
The capture process could be as simple as listening for connections on 9100 and slurping up all the data... Not positive since I haven't dealt with PCL network printers, just postscript ones, but it seems logical to guess it's a uninteractive stream since people deal with "pcl files" as well as pcl printers. That would give you raw PCL data. Once you have that, the pcltotxt tool might help you. You might have to force the print driver to output PCL5 instead of PCL6.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCL Font does not download to printer.

OS: HP-UX B.11.11 U Printer: HP 8150. I require a font to be downloaded to the printer and used. As documented the steps are: 1. Tell printer to accept font 2. Send the font to the printer 3. Make the font permanent 4. Select font for use or in PCL 1. <Esc>*c90D 2.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture output to file and printer

Hi All : I wanted a unix command by which I could be able to print the output to a file and at the same time to a printer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ramamurthy Dasari (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdasari
1 Replies

4. SCO

Printer port

I installed an old laser printer using a print server. I can use from windows but not from unix. I set up the printer in unix as a remote printer and can ping the print server from a unix promt. I am thinking that I must open a port to the print server. Any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owbf
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red hat 5. - PCL Printer

I need to setup a HP 4000 PCL printer - it seems out of the box - I can only can use PostScript. Any guidance is appreciated. In the SCO world - I used HPNP with no problems. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markb4
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Landscape to PCL 6 Printer

I've looked around and am able to print landscape to a PCL 5 printer with this command: lp -o landscape -o cpi=20 -o page-right=30 -o page-left=30 -d <printer> <file>. Which gives me a nice 200 columns. But, when I send the same output and the same commands to a PCL 6 printer, it comes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariqjamal
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Print Spooling using raw port 9100

Hello all, I need to setup a print server that listens on three separate network interfaces, and sends jobs to the corresponding print queue. Example: 192.168.69.100 - printer1 -> Out to 139.177.69.100:9100 192.168.69.101 - printer2 -> Out to 139.177.69.101:9100 192.168.69.102 - printer2 ->... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZekesGarage
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Printer (lpadmin) error - blank pages PS/PCL

Help! I have to solve an urgent problem! I have a Solaris 10 server, where I created a line of printing with the command # /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p IL_Printer -s pv24002 -v /dev/null -m netstandard_foomatic -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon/cnl66e1.ppd.gz -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
0 Replies

9. SCO

Printing to a working network printer using PCL

I am trying to get a network printer to work that currently works from my Unix (5.0.7) server when printing text files only. When I try to print post script files like a PDF file I get all of the controls so I am not sure if I have my printer configuration setup properly in Unix The printer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Port flow capture

I am trying to get an output using the command tcpdump -w /tmp/syn.pcap 'tcp & (tcp-syn) != 0' But I am getting the error: tcpdump: no suitable device found Is there an alternate command to achieve this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies
conv_lpd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      conv_lpd(1M)

NAME
conv_lpd - convert LPD configuration SYNOPSIS
conv_lpd [-c printers | -c printcap] [-n] file DESCRIPTION
conv_lpd converts LPD printer configuration information from file to a printers.conf or a printcap file (see printers.conf(4)). file specifies the name of the input file, and can be either in printers.conf or printcap format. If file is in printers.conf format, it con- verts it to a printcap file. If file is in printcap format, it converts it to a printers.conf file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c printers | -c printcap Specifies the type of output file produced by the conversion. -c printers converts to a printers.conf file. -c printcap converts to a printcap file. -c printers is the default. -n Preserves the namelist during the conversion. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file The file to be converted. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting a printcap file to a printers.conf file. The following example converts a printcap file to a printers.conf file. example% conv_lpd /etc/printcap Example 2: Converting a printcap file to a printers.conf file and preserving the namelist. The following example converts a printcap file to a printers.conf file and preserves the namelist. example% conv_lpd -c printers -n /etc/printcap Example 3: Converting a printers.conf file to a printcap file and preserving the namelist. The following example converts a printers.conf file to a printcap file and preserves the namelist. example% conv_lpd -c printcap -n /etc/printers.conf EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/etc/printers.conf System printer configuration database. /etc/printcap SunOS 4.x printer capability database. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lpset(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 conv_lpd(1M)