Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to run scripts....
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to run scripts.... Post 302388971 by Scott on Friday 22nd of January 2010 04:27:29 AM
Old 01-22-2010
Hi.

It's because the current directory (.) is not in your PATH.

Code:
PATH=$PATH:.

But I would probably not do that, and use
Code:
./filetest.sh

as you originally did. It's safer than having . in your path.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run three scripts one after another automatically???

Hi !! How do u run three scripts one after another automatically using crontab command at some specified regular interval. Say i have three scripts A,B,C and i want to run the three scripts A followed by B followed by C. REQUIRE HELP URGENTLY Thanks in advance Arunava . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run scripts within a script..

Hi all... I have several scripts of varying types (shell script, expect script, awk script) that I would like to run within 1 script.. They also take a command line argument (which it is getting successfully). The problem is, the parent script is exiting after the first script it calls is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get Cygwin to run scripts

I haven't been on a unix system in a long time and I'm trying to teach a friend unix. After looking at/testing various options cygwin seemed to be the easiest to download and install. Everything works pretty much as I recall and I even tested a small java program on it. I can't seem to get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmtemp
4 Replies

4. AIX

To run scripts

How to run a script from any directory? Should i include any environment or wat should i start with in writing a script ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rollthecoin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet and run scripts

Hello folks, I've got this script which connects to different boxes and executes a certain script in those locations. The following is the line from where i am trying to do this: (sleep 1; echo $USERID ; sleep 1; echo $PASSWD ; sleep 1 ; echo y ; sleep 1 ; echo "\r" ; sleep 1 ; echo "cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

background scripts run-help

Looking for a logic where say i have a script called parent_script which is used to call other 4 to 5 child scripts in background as.. cat parent_script # containing 65 lines 1 2 .. 35 while read child_script 36 do 37 ./child_script_name& 38 done< ${SCRIPT_LISTS} 39 40 # Need to have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripts can be run manually but couldn't run with cronjobs

I am from MQ/MB technology. My requirement is to display the queue manger and broker status on daily basis. If I manually run the script, it works fine and displays output. But when I have scheduled the same using cronjobs it shows only the queue manger status and not the broker status. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a sequence of scripts?

Assume I want to run a sequence of scripts: script0001.sh script0002.sh script0003.sh ... script0122.sh script0123.sh I only know a little Linux scripting, so the following is the best I can write for k in $(seq 1 123) do ./script${k}.sh done Of course it doesn't work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzzhhh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run scripts in background one by one

Hello all, Can someone help with one script? I have as example 3 scripts 1.sh sleep 60 & sleep 60 & sleep 10 & sleep 80 & sleep 60 & 2.sh sleep 40 & sleep 5 & sleep 10 & sleep 70 & sleep 60 & 3.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To run multiple scripts

Hi , Can someone help! I need a shell script to run multiple scripts by using single shell script, incase any one of the scripts fails, it should get exit and after trouble shooting if we re-execute it, it should start from the failed script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anniesurolyn
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-PATH(1) 						   systemd-path 						   SYSTEMD-PATH(1)

NAME
systemd-path - List and query system and user paths SYNOPSIS
systemd-path [OPTIONS...] [NAME...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-path may be used to query system and user paths. The tool makes many of the paths described in file-hierarchy(7) available for querying. When invoked without arguments, a list of known paths and their current values is shown. When at least one argument is passed, the path with this name is queried and its value shown. The variables whose name begins with "search-" do not refer to individual paths, but instead to a list of colon-separated search paths, in their order of precedence. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --suffix= The printed paths are suffixed by the specified string. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), file-hierarchy(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-PATH(1)