Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl storing single value from file Post 302388774 by pludi on Thursday 21st of January 2010 11:24:09 AM
Old 01-21-2010
Code:
open my $FH, '<', '/opt/dti/ssh_user' or die "Can't open /opt/dti/ssh_user: $!";
my $var=<$FH>;
chomp $var;
close $FH;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: storing regex in array variables trouble

hi this is an example of code: use strict; use warnings; open FILE, "/tmp/result_2"; my $regex="\\ Starting program ver. (.*)"; my $res="Program started, version <$1> - OK.\n"; while (<FILE>) { if ($_ =~ /($regex)/) { print "$res"; } } close FILE; This finds $regex and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xist
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Single Value From File With Perl

Hi all, I have what I would have thought was a very simple problem but I can' find an elegant solution. I have a file which has a single value you in it, say 194. All I want my perl script to do is open the file, read the value and assign that value to a variable. I've done stuff like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:Read single value from text file and assign to variable

Hello All, A part of my very basic perl code requires me to read a single value from a text file. The file output is the following: Reading image ... done IMAGEREGION=0x0x0-256x162x256 VOXELDIMENSION=0.9375000000x1.2000000477x0.9375000000 VOXELNUMBER=10527001... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncl
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace single quote with two single quotes in perl

Hi I want to replace single quote with two single quotes in a perl string. If the string is <It's Simpson's book> It should become <It''s Simpson''s book> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing data in perl 2D array

Respected All, Kindly help me out. I have got file listings in a directory like this: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-17 07:15 file1.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-18 08:15 file2.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-19 09:15 file3.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teknokid1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing single line in html file in perl script

Hi Folks, It is regarding the perl scripting. I have an html file(many files) which contains the below line in the body tag. <body> <P><STRONG><FONT face="comic sans ms,cursive,sans-serif"><EM>Hello</EM></FONT></STRONG></P> </body> Now I want to read that html file through perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the Linux command output to an array in perl script

Hi I am trying to store the output of a command into an array in perl script. I am able to store but the problem is i am unable to print the array line with one line space. i mean i inserted the \n in loop ...but not getting the result. I have written like this #!/usr/bin/perl @a =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the value of a single query to a Variable - What am i doing wrong?

I tried the below : #!/bin/ksh testvar=$( sqlplus $user/$pass << EOF set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off; whenever sqlerror exit 1 SELECT 1+1 FROM DUAl; COMMIT; EXIT; EOF) echo "testvar="$testvar The output that I am getting is : > sh example.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbed multiple csv files into one single excel file with using shell script not perl

Hi Experts, I am querying backup status results for multiple databases and getting each and every database result in one csv file. so i need to combine all csv files in one excel file with separate tabs. I am not familiar with perl script so i am using shell script. Could anyone please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrk2
4 Replies
ZMQ_TERM(3)							    0MQ Manual							       ZMQ_TERM(3)

NAME
zmq_term - terminate 0MQ context SYNOPSIS
int zmq_term (void *context); DESCRIPTION
The zmq_term() function shall terminate the 0MQ context context. Context termination is performed in the following steps: 1. Any blocking operations currently in progress on sockets open within context shall return immediately with an error code of ETERM. With the exception of zmq_close(), any further operations on sockets open within context shall fail with an error code of ETERM. 2. After interrupting all blocking calls, zmq_term() shall block until the following conditions are satisfied: o All sockets open within context have been closed with zmq_close(). o For each socket within context, all messages sent by the application with zmq_send() have either been physically transferred to a network peer, or the socket's linger period set with the ZMQ_LINGER socket option has expired. For further details regarding socket linger behaviour refer to the ZMQ_LINGER option in zmq_setsockopt(3). RETURN VALUE
The zmq_term() function shall return zero if successful. Otherwise it shall return -1 and set errno to one of the values defined below. ERRORS
EFAULT The provided context was invalid. EINTR Termination was interrupted by a signal. It can be restarted if needed. SEE ALSO
zmq(7) zmq_init(3) zmq_close(3) zmq_setsockopt(3) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the 0MQ community. 0MQ 2.2.0 04/04/2012 ZMQ_TERM(3)