Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting plz explain the execution flow Post 302388730 by pludi on Thursday 21st of January 2010 08:40:33 AM
Old 01-21-2010
A SIGINT is the "Interrupt Signal", which is sent to the program when you hit CTRL+C (for example). It won't usually get sent to any process just because a file isn't found, and rm surely never sends it.

The reason you're getting the error message twice is that first your regular rm tries to remove a non-existent file, and then the trapped rm is triggered by the pseudo-signal 0, which means EOF.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. Programming

Flow Chart

Any One help how to draw the flow chart for C programe ? If any usefull link's. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabari
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can anyone explain plz

HI, Can anyone explain to me how does the following command work - > current_dir=`cd \`/usr/bin/dirname $0\` && pwd` Regards, Ranga (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_W213
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

explain command plz

echo -n "1. Updating Password Policy in OID..." | tee -a $logfile set ldap_v1 = `ldapsearch -b "" -h $oid_host -p $oid_port -D "cn=orcladmin" -w $admin_pwd -s sub "cn=PwdPolicyEntry" dn | head -1` echo "dn:$ldap_v1" > ldap1.out echo "changetype:modify" >> ldap1.out echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maoro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl doubt plz explain....

hi all i wrote a shell script which uses perl script my code is : >cat filename | while read i >do >perl -e 'require "/home/scripts/abc.pl" ; abc("$i")' >done perl script used will simply check syntax of Cobol programs but it didn't work for me so i asked my colleague he suggested... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

explain plz

can u explain this step by step........plz...will it do the same for I in *.tar.gz; do A=`basename $I .tar.gz` mkdir $A cp marking-guide ${A}/$A cd $A gunzip -c ../$I | tar xf - cd.. done thnx __________________ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avikal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain this AWK script plz

Hi frnds, one my frnds has given resolution for my problem as below. it working great , but i couldnt understand somethings in the script. Why ++ operator after the function calling. how these each block working. will each run for each input line sequencially or one block for all the lines... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Issue Serial Forground Execution vs Concurrent Background Execution

I have an expect script that interrogates several hundred unix servers for both access and directories therein using "ssh user@host ls -l /path". The combination of host/path are unique but the host may be interrogated multiple times if there are multiple paths to test. The expect script is run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz explain the process of this code....

Hi Unix Gurus, Please explain the processing done by the code mentioned below: for (i=1;i<=59;i++) { sub(/ *$/,"", $i) } newrec_key = $2 new_line = $0 if (empty_oldfile==1) { #newly added record ++num_add print "Added key: ", newrec_key > LogFile #print out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will this flow work

B() { } A() { calling a function B } for condition do calling a function A done Shall after executing function B, the control will return back to loop? Thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
2 Replies
killall(8)						      System Manager's Manual							killall(8)

NAME
killall - Terminates all processes started by the user, except the calling process SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/killall [- | [-]signal_name | -signal_number] /usr/sbin/killall -l FLAGS
The hyphen character (without an argument) sends a SIGTERM signal initially and then sends a SIGKILL signal to all processes that survive for 30 seconds after receipt of the first signal. This gives processes that catch the SIGTERM signal an opportunity to clean up. A signal name, optionally preceded by a hyphen, sends the specified signal to processes. The hyphen character (with a signal number argument) sends the specified signal, either a name, stripped of the SIG prefix (such as KILL), or a number (such as 9). For information about signal names and numbers, see the signal() system call. In the System V habitat, the optional signal number does not have to be preceded with a hyphen (-). Lists signal names in numerical order (as given in the /usr/include/signal.h file), stripped of the common SIG prefix. DESCRIPTION
This command provides a convenient means of killing all processes created by the shell that you control. When started by the superuser, the killall command kills all processes that can be terminated, except those processes that started it, the kernel processes, and processes 0 and 1 (init). Security Configuration This command is modified in all security configurations of the system. EXAMPLES
To stop all background processes that have started, enter: killall This sends all background processes signal 9 (the kill signal, also called SIGKILL). To stop all background processes, giving them a chance to clean up, enter: killall - This sends signal 15 (SIGTERM), waits 30 seconds, and then sends signal 9 (SIGKILL). To send a specific signal to the background processes, enter: killall -2 This sends signal 2 (SIGINT) to the background processes. To list the signal names in numerical order, stripped of the SIG prefix, enter: killall -l This displays a list of signals, which may vary from system to system. FILES
Specifies the command path RELATED INFORMATION
Calls: kill(2), sigaction(2), signal(2) delim off killall(8)