Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crash dumps
Operating Systems Solaris crash dumps Post 302388683 by incredible on Thursday 21st of January 2010 05:51:54 AM
Old 01-21-2010
cd /var/crash/`hostname`
any files in there?
once the system is up, what do you see in the messages file, prior to the system going down?

what h/w model are you using? Is the firmware upgraded to the recommended or whichever latest?

Does the system run on only one power supply?

How often that the system goes down?

What do you mean by crash? you saw the panic string when the system come down or it just powered off or just dropped to ok> prompt?

Are the boot disks mirrored? Any errors that you find on the OS? Be it HDD problem or whatever..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Generating core dumps

I have the following set up on a Sun server running solaris 5.8 for core dump generation coreadm global core file pattern: /var/core init core file pattern: /var/core global core dumps: enabled per-process core dumps: enabled global setid core dumps:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
4 Replies

2. Programming

strcmp core dumps

hi everyone, Right now when I do: strcmp(s1, s2); i get a core dump because at times s1 or s2 can be nothing so that makes strcmp() core dump. What is the solution, if at times I expect one of them (or both) to be NULL? I want to be able to compare that s1 is NULL and s2 is "blah" or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: annie
6 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Dumps

I m studying AIX and going to appear my certification exam!!! Is any one there can give me the name of website which provides dumps for free?? or if any one is having them and can share with me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
1 Replies

4. Solaris

core dumps

i had a situation where a process was defunct. preap would not reap the process and gcore would not work properly (not sure why). therefore, the suggestion was to force a panic and collect the core dump. obviously you could do a savecore -L and capture the dump without bringing down the system.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP UX Dumps

Hi Every one Pls Provide me the letest dumps of HP UX if any one can Thanks And Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasnainshah
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHCE DUMPS

Hi All, I am planing to take RHCE exam in the month of March 2012. Could anyone provide me with the latest dumps and pattern which can help me in clearing the certification exam. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Machine dumps crash on each reboot.

Hi experts, My HP machine dumps a crash upon each reboot(even if we reboot it manually) and fill the root space. Can anyone please point out what config parameter could be went wrong to happen this? Thanks, Vaishey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaishey
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)