Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Give input to a perl script while execution Post 302388669 by jyothi_wipro on Thursday 21st of January 2010 05:05:13 AM
Old 01-21-2010
Java Give input to a perl script while execution

Hi,

I have a perl script which prints me the epoch value of a specific date and time given.Now I want to proceed to a next step ie i want to give the input at the time of execution.
I have to initialise the date and time values in the script before executing it.But now i want to give the date as input during executing the script so that the script prints me the epoch time of any date i give.
Can someone please suggest me in getting this. Smilie
My code looks as below:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Time::Local ;
$sec=00;
$min=01;
$hours=00;
$day=1;
$month=0;
$year=110;
$Beg_time = (timelocal($sec,$min,$hours,$day,$month,$year) * 1000);
print "Epoch Beg Value: $Beg_time\n";

Thanks and regards,
Jyothi
jyothi_wipro

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can give the input to prompt using shell script

Hi, I want to send input to promt from shell script, this thing is possible. I give the one command `/usr/share/ssl/misc/CA -newreq` it needs some user input like password etc., but i need this input also from shell script but it does not works. `/usr/share/ssl/misc/CA -newreq` <<EOF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav Agarwal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

User input for execution of script

Hi, I need to get the user input and execute a particular script based on the input provided. For E.g. When I execute the script say Test.sh it should prompt "For which country I need to execute the script? (US/India)" Based on the input as US or India from the user the execution of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoursdavinder
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SolarisCron job perl script execution error

Hi, I want to run a crontab job on solaris10.5. I have configured the crontab accordingly 10 * * * * /scripts/dbalter.pl >> /scripts/cronout.txt.However this does not work .Then I go to /var/mail/root and find an error in the output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

geting user input from php and using perl for execution

I am using festival speech synthesis system and I would like to allow user input in a browser. This will be taken by a php page which is then supposed to pass the input text to a perl script. The perl script should pass this text to the festival engine by executing a unix command. this in turn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wairimus
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to give multiple csv files as input in awk

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting..My problem is i want to give multiple csv files as input to awk script and process the data into one file.. My input file is File1 File2 File3 Product Location Period SalesPrice A x 8/11/2010 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvth
7 Replies

6. Programming

Perl script remote execution as another user

Hi gurus, I have a requirement where I need to remotely run a perl script as another user. Running the script locally as the required user is fine, however I need to su with the script due to filesystem permission issues. I do not want to update permissions on the remote server due to security... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: melias
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

function terminating if i give input as space or no input and enter

HI i have written a script to ask input from the user. this script should promote the user for y/n input. if user enters anyother input then y/n the script promotes him again. this below code is working fine for all the cases. except for space and enter " if i give space and enter it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKARREDDY006
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give a text file as input while running a program?

Hi Friends, I am running a program /path/to/program -i 1 100 -o /path/to/output/op_1_100.txt In the above command, I have to try various number of combinations at the -i parameter and the output file name varies with each combination. Now, I have my -i parameter text file, which is like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script give answers by file

Hi, I am new in perl. I am running a perl installation script, its asking for paths and so many inputs. Can we provide that info by any file. so i can avoid the interactive installation. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to give input once logged in to server in script

Hi , when i am logging to the server i need to give input of specific key like k or l or m etc. and then need to put enter. need to use this in script . please assist. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupesh.bombale
1 Replies
sttime(3)						    ShapeTools Toolkit Library							 sttime(3)

NAME
stMktime, stWriteTime - date and time handling SYNOPSIS
#include <config.h> #include <sttk.h.h> time_tstMktime (char *string); char*stWriteTime (time_t date); DESCRIPTION
stMktime scans the given string and tries to read a date and time from it. It understands various formats of date strings. The following is a list of all valid formats, optional parts in brackets. [Tue] Jan 5[,] [19]93 This includes the standard asctime(3) format. Jan 5 With no year given, the year defaults to the current year. [19]93/01/05 This notation requires month and day represented by exactly two digits. 5.1.[19]93 This is the usual German notation. 5.1. German notation referencing the current year. A certain time, given together with the date must always have the following form. hours:minutes[:seconds] Each of the fields must be an integer value within the proper range (hours: 0-23, minutes and seconds: 0-59). Values below 10 may be written as one digit numbers. The time value may be placed anywhere in the date string: at the beginning, at the end, or somewhere in the middle. Any amount of white- space may be given between a field of the time value and the separating colon. The time is always considered to be local time. stWriteTime generates a time string similar to asctime(3) from its date argument. SEE ALSO
asctime(3) BUGS
Time Zone Names within the time string (like `MET') are not handled properly. In most cases they will cause a failure. sttk-1.7 Thu Jun 24 17:43:35 1993 sttime(3)