Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete rows between closest pattern or range Post 302388647 by Franklin52 on Thursday 21st of January 2010 04:40:57 AM
Old 01-21-2010
Try this one:
Code:
awk '
{s=s?s RS $0:$0}
/ERROR:0000/{s="";next}
/ERROR/{print s;s=""}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed for finding closest pattern to a line number

hi guys, I want to do pattern matching with awk or sed but I don't know how. here's what I want: I have a line number for a pattern that I have already found using grep, and I know a pattern like "---" that happens a few lines above that certain line number. I want to print out the chunk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alirezan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed match closest/nearest pattern

All i am struggling to raplace some text in a line between two (closest) patterns , line="/home/usr/bin/:/home/usr/devuser,n1.9/bin:/home/usr/root/bin" i want to replace "devuser,n1.9" with "NEWVAL", basically all teh text from "devuser" until nearest '/' with some new text. i tried teh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheer1984
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Closest Number from a Range of Numbers

out of a range of numbers, how can i pick out the number that is the closest to any arbitrary/random number that a user supplies? say the range of numbers are between 1 - 90000. but that doesn't mean each number exist between 1 - 90000. the range of numbers could be for example: 1, 3, 4, 6,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a text file if the value of a column falls between a certain range

Hi, I have a file that looks like the following: 10 100080417 rs7915867 ILMN_1343295 12 6243093 7747537 10 100190264 rs2296431 ILMN_1343295 12 6643093 6647537 10 100719451 SNP94374 ILMN_1343295 12 6688093 7599537 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: how to copy a range of rows in GAMS environment

Hi I have a problem in using awk in GAMS. I have to copy a part of a .txt file selecting the rows between these two lines "0 / END OF TRANSFORMER DATA, BEGIN AREA DATA" "0 / END OF AREA DATA, BEGIN TWO-TERMINAL DC DATA" I thought of using a command like this: $onecho > area.awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pintug
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of range of rows and columns in matrix

Hi all, I have a large matrix of 720 x 25. I want to get sum of range of rows and columns. Like, I need sum of all columns and row number 2 to 21, then leaving 22nd row, again sum of all columns and row number 23 to 42 again leaving 43rd row and then sum of 44th to 63. Means I want to add all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing rows based on column range

Hello, I have a file with nearly 57K lines. I want to filter the lines based on the range of values in a column. For e.g. print lines whose 3rd filed is >=0.02. Input file: LOC_Os09g32030 LOC_Os02g18880 0.0200037219149773 undirected NA NA LOC_Os03g58630 LOC_Os09g35690 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate rows and redefine range

I'm trying to find a way to concatenate consecutive rows (key is column $1 and $2) if column $5 an $6 are integers and redefine ranges in columns $3&$4 and $5&$6 Unfortunately I'm still learning the very basics so I cannot figure a way of doing this with awk. Input file 15 30 21 21 25.0... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Range Pattern and 2 lines before Start Pattern

Hi all, I have been searching all over Google but I am unable to find a solution for a particular result that I am trying to achieve. Consider the following input: 1 2 3 4 5 B4Srt1--Variable-0000 B4Srt2--Variable-1111 Srt 6 7 8 9 10 End (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: y2jacky
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)