Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with find and Replace using sed Post 302388583 by rajesh8s on Wednesday 20th of January 2010 11:38:03 PM
Old 01-21-2010
Thank u very much boss. It worked :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern and replace using sed.

Hi I need to help on finding the below pattern using sed <b><a href="/home/document.do?assetkey=x-y-abcde-1&searchclause=photo"> and replace as below in the same line on the index file. <b><a href="/abcde.html"> thx in advance. Mari (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maridhasan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace using sed

Hello Everybody, I am doing something like this on Redhat Linux h=`cut -d"." -f4 file1` s=`cut -d"." -f4 file2` sed "s/$h/$s/g" file3 but this is not working but if giving constant value its working, for ex. sed "s/93/$h/g" file3 help... Thanks for looking into my question (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvind_aks15
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace with SED

Hello all I have a file with a lot of records...Each one have a ID like this: 000000001 LDR L -----nam--2200217Ia-45e0 000000001 891 000000001 892 000000001 893 and so on then you have the second record: 000000002 LDR L -----nam--2200208Ia-15e0 000000002 891 000000002... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace with sed

Hi, I have two files file1 :> val="10" port="localhost:8080" httpadd="http:\\192.168.0.239" file2 :> val=${val} port=${port} httpadd=${httpadd} fileloc=${fileloc} file3(or file2) should have following output(input from fileone) file3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin.pathak
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace using SED

I need to do a find and replace. I tried below logic but getting warnings Could you please help? a=`echo "<!DOCTYPE aaaaa bbbbb \"sample.dtd\">"` b="<!DOCTYPE aaaaa bbbbb \" /a/b/c/datain/d_k/sample.dtd \">" echo $a | sed -e "s/$a/$b/" > c.txt getting the following error sed:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace with sed

Hi, I have a file such that: tart*)*98'bank'ksb64bank)(tart2d&f44bank I want to replace to: (only between tart and bank) tart*)*98'replaced'ksb64bank)(tart2d&f44replaced Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace using sed command

The content of the file filea.txt is as follows. --------- case $HOSTNAME in aaa) DS_PARM_VALUE_SET=vsDev APT_Configuration_File=/appl/infoserver/Server/Configurations/2node.apt ;; bbb) DS_PARM_VALUE_SET=vsQA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace using sed

File 1,2,33,C,B 3,5,66,K,R 1,2,33,H,M 3,5,66,M,C 6,9,66,J,F I will use the below command to find and replace in sed, where I'm using variable to find pattern. while read line do sed 's/$line/77/' file done<inputfile But here I need to find value in column 3 and... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
26 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace using sed

Hi All, I have a file as shown below: myFile.dat #---------------------------------------------------------- dataFile { Name shiva; location Delhi; travelID IDNumber; } 4 ( 560065 700007 100001 200002 )... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed find 2 strings and replace one

Hi Everyone, I want to find this 2 strings in a single line a file and replace the second string. this is the line i need to find <param name="user" value="CORE_BI"/> find user and CORE_BI and replace only CORE_BI with admin so finally the line should look like this. <param... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajay12
5 Replies
moon-buggy(6)							   Games Manual 						     moon-buggy(6)

NAME
moon-buggy - drive some car across the moon SYNOPSIS
moon-buggy [-hnsV] [--help] [--no-title] [--show-scores] [--version] DESCRIPTION
Moon-buggy is a simple character graphics game, where you drive some kind of car across the moon's surface. Unfortunately there are dan- gerous craters there. Fortunately your car can jump over them! OPTIONS
The program understands the following command line options. -h, --help shows a short usage message. -m, --mesg disable write access to your terminal by other users, so your boss can't disturb your game play with the help of "write" or "fin- ger". -n, --no-title skips the title screen. -s, --show-scores shows the current highscore list and exits. -V, --version prints the program's version to standard output and exits. KEYS
The moon-buggy is controlled by a couple of keys, which are described near the bottom of the screen. Most important are the following keys. SPC, j makes your car jump. The length of a jump is fixed and you can only start a new jump, while the wheels have contact to the ground. a, l fires the mining laser. The laser is used to remove stones, which may block your way. q quits the game prematurely. But you still keep your score and may enter the highscore list. FILES
The following files on your system are related to moon-buggy. /usr/games/moon-buggy the moon-buggy executable. /var/games/moon-buggy/mbscore the global score file $HOME/.mbscore the local score file. This is used, if moon-buggy has no write access to the global score file. SEE ALSO
Moon-buggy Usage and Maintenance by Jochen Voss. COPYING
Copyright (C) 2004 Jochen Voss Moon-buggy is free software. Read the file COPYING of the source code distribution for details or press 'c' at moon-buggy's title screen. AUTHOR
The program moon-buggy was implemented by Jochen Voss (voss@seehuhn.de). moon-buggy 1.0.51+esd Dec 27 2004 moon-buggy(6)