Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers urgent help to convert xml to xsl or csv Post 302388564 by umapearl on Wednesday 20th of January 2010 08:44:44 PM
Old 01-20-2010
Hi,
I am not that familiar with perl, is it we can do it by using some unix command or script. if yes pls help me with the ans, I am really running out of time.Actually what i want is only attribute and value in separate column without any headers

Waiting for reply,pls
Thanks & Regards
uma

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Unix script file to convert .xml to .csv

Dear all, Can you send me a script file the changes .xml to .csv file. Thanks, Srinivasa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasaphani
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to convert XML to CSV

Apologies if this has already been covered in this site somewhere, I did try looking but without any success. I am new to the whole XML thing, very late starter, and have a requirement to convert an XML fiule to a CSV fomat. I am crrently working on a Solaris OS. Does anyone have any suggestions,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossingi_33
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV format

Can any one give the idea on this, please. I have the following XML file and wants to convert into CSV(comma separated value) format. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <!DOCTYPE Waveset PUBLIC 'waveset.dtd' 'waveset.dtd'> <Waveset> <Object name='ra8736'> <Attribute name='ADDRESS'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar04
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert xml to csv

Hi, I have an xml file and I want to convert it with awk in to a csv file Test.xml <Worksheet ss:Name="Map1"> <Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="2" ss:ExpandedRowCount="2" x:FullColumns="1" x:FullRows="1" ss:DefaultColumnWidth="60"> <Row> <Cell><Data... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert xml to csv

I need to convert below xml code to csv. I searched other posts as well but this post (_https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/174417-extract-parse-xml-data-statistic-value-csv.html) gives "sed command garbled" error. As of now I have written a long script to do it, but can it be done with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshydv
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert huge .xml file in .csv with specific column.

I have huge xml file in server and i want to convert it to .csv with specific column ... i have search in blog but i didn't get any usefully command. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML file to CSV file

Hi Guys, I am new to Shell scripting and need to convert an XML files to a CSV file. My actual problem is that XML file loading is taking hours and I have decided to convert the XML structure to row based data in a CSV file. My XML file: Message846 can repeat within main loop and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qamar.shahbaz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert xml to csv ?

I am in need of converting billions of XML into csv file to load data to DB, i have found the below code in perl but not sure why it's not working properly. CODE: #!/usr/bin/perl # Script to illustrate how to parse a simple XML file # and pick out all the values for a specific element, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rspwilliam
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV using awk or shell script

Hello, I am working on a part of code where I need a awk or shell script to convert the given XML file to CSV or TXT file. There are multiple xml files and of different structure, so a single script is required for converting data. I did find a lot of solutions in the forum but... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmitha
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert CSV file to nested XML file using UNIX/PERL?

we have a CSV which i need to convert to XML using Perl or Unix shell scripting. I was able to build this XML in oracle database. However, SQL/XML query is running for long time. Hence, I'm considering to write a Perl or shell script to generate this XML file. Basically need to build this XML... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies
WWW::OpenSearch::Description(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 WWW::OpenSearch::Description(3pm)

NAME
WWW::OpenSearch::Description - Encapsulate an OpenSearch Description provided by an A9 OpenSearch compatible engine SYNOPSIS
use WWW::OpenSearch; my $url = "http://bulkfeeds.net/opensearch.xml"; my $engine = WWW::OpenSearch->new($url); my $description = $engine->description; my $format = $description->Format; # or $description->format my $longname = $description->LongName; # or $description->longname DESCRIPTION
WWW::OpenSearch::Description is a module designed to encapsulate an OpenSearch Description provided by an A9 OpenSearch compatible engine. See http://opensearch.a9.com/spec/1.1/description/ for details. CONSTRUCTOR
new( [ $xml ] ) Constructs a new instance of WWW::OpenSearch::Description. If scalar parameter $xml is provided, data will be automatically loaded from it using load( $xml ). METHODS
load( $xml ) Loads description data by parsing provided argument using XML::LibXML. urls( ) Return all of the urls associated with this description in an array. get_best_url( ) Attempts to retrieve the best URL associated with this description, based on the following content types (from most preferred to least preferred): o application/atom+xml o application/rss+xml o text/xml get_url_by_type( $type ) Retrieves the first WWW::OpenSearch::URL associated with this description whose type is equal to $type. ACCESSORS
version( ) ns( ) AdultContent( ) Attribution( ) Contact( ) Description( ) Developer( ) Format( ) InputEncoding( ) Image( ) Language( ) LongName( ) OutputEncoding( ) Query( ) SampleSearch( ) ShortName( ) SyndicationRight( ) Tags( ) Url( ) AUTHOR
o Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa@bulknews.net> o Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2005-2010 by Tatsuhiko Miyagawa and Brian Cassidy This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-05-25 WWW::OpenSearch::Description(3pm)