Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut and paste data in matrix form Post 302388518 by dhilipumich on Wednesday 20th of January 2010 05:08:43 PM
Old 01-20-2010
No. This is not homework! Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing data into matrix form

Hi, I have a file whose structure is like this 7 7 1 2 3 4 5 1 3 4 8 6 1 4 5 6 0 2 6 8 3 8 2 5 7 8 0 5 7 9 4 1 3 8 0 2 2 3 5 6 8 basically first two row tell the number of rows and column but the data following them are not arranged in that format. now i want to create another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0600014
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut and paste?

hi, I have a file with content like this for an employee: EmployeeID 101 Day_type, day vacation,1/2/2009 sick day, 3/2/2009 personal day, 4/5/2009 jury duty day, 5/5/2009 how do I make the result to show: EmployeeID,Day_type,day 101,vacation,1/2/2009 101,sick day,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbchen
6 Replies

3. Ubuntu

How to convert full data matrix to linearised left data matrix?

Hi all, Is there a way to convert full data matrix to linearised left data matrix? e.g full data matrix Bh1 Bh2 Bh3 Bh4 Bh5 Bh6 Bh7 Bh1 0 0.241058 0.236129 0.244397 0.237479 0.240767 0.245245 Bh2 0.241058 0 0.240594 0.241931 0.241975 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoll
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformatting data in matrix form

Hi, Some assistance with respect to the following problem will be very helpful. I want to reformat my dataset in the following manner for subsequent analysis. I have first column values (which repeat for each value of 2nd column) which are names, the second column specifies position ad the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie83
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut and paste data in new file

HI Guys, I have file A: Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kal Kaloo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kalpooo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kloo Abc Abc Klooo I want file B Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kal Kaloo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kalpooo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kloo File A is now 1 lines Abc Abc Klooo Cut all lines which have xyz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut command in a matrix

Hi All, I want to display row=2 and column=1 where value=10 with the help of cut command, Please advice me 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Form balanced matrix by filtering data

I need to form a matrix out of unbalanced set of records. First eliminate the sample that do not have at least 3 variables (col2). So, in the example, samples 4 and 5 get eliminated. Then form a matrix of values (col3) from the samples using only variables that are present accross all samples.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut a pipe delimited file and paste it with another file to form a comma separated outputfile

Hello ppl I have a requirement to split (cut in unix) a file (A.txt) which is a pipe delimited file into A1.txt and A2.txt Now I have to join (paste in unix) this A2.txt with external file A3.txt to form output file A4.txt which should be CSV (comma separated file) so that third party can... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
25 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match child with parents and form matrix

thank you for letting me join this forum, lots of learning opportunities looks like. Myself a biologist, very new into unix, so please excuse if I use incorrect language. I am using cygwin on windows, it can run perl, awk , sed etc. I have 2 files, the first sample sheet, tells which parent... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalaj841
10 Replies
slatrd.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slatrd.f(3)

NAME
slatrd.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slatrd (UPLO, N, NB, A, LDA, E, TAU, W, LDW) SLATRD Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slatrd (characterUPLO, integerN, integerNB, real, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, real, dimension( * )E, real, dimension( * )TAU, real, dimension( ldw, * )W, integerLDW) SLATRD Purpose: SLATRD reduces NB rows and columns of a real symmetric matrix A to symmetric tridiagonal form by an orthogonal similarity transformation Q**T * A * Q, and returns the matrices V and W which are needed to apply the transformation to the unreduced part of A. If UPLO = 'U', SLATRD reduces the last NB rows and columns of a matrix, of which the upper triangle is supplied; if UPLO = 'L', SLATRD reduces the first NB rows and columns of a matrix, of which the lower triangle is supplied. This is an auxiliary routine called by SSYTRD. Parameters: UPLO UPLO is CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether the upper or lower triangular part of the symmetric matrix A is stored: = 'U': Upper triangular = 'L': Lower triangular N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix A. NB NB is INTEGER The number of rows and columns to be reduced. A A is REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the symmetric matrix A. If UPLO = 'U', the leading n-by-n upper triangular part of A contains the upper triangular part of the matrix A, and the strictly lower triangular part of A is not referenced. If UPLO = 'L', the leading n-by-n lower triangular part of A contains the lower triangular part of the matrix A, and the strictly upper triangular part of A is not referenced. On exit: if UPLO = 'U', the last NB columns have been reduced to tridiagonal form, with the diagonal elements overwriting the diagonal elements of A; the elements above the diagonal with the array TAU, represent the orthogonal matrix Q as a product of elementary reflectors; if UPLO = 'L', the first NB columns have been reduced to tridiagonal form, with the diagonal elements overwriting the diagonal elements of A; the elements below the diagonal with the array TAU, represent the orthogonal matrix Q as a product of elementary reflectors. See Further Details. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= (1,N). E E is REAL array, dimension (N-1) If UPLO = 'U', E(n-nb:n-1) contains the superdiagonal elements of the last NB columns of the reduced matrix; if UPLO = 'L', E(1:nb) contains the subdiagonal elements of the first NB columns of the reduced matrix. TAU TAU is REAL array, dimension (N-1) The scalar factors of the elementary reflectors, stored in TAU(n-nb:n-1) if UPLO = 'U', and in TAU(1:nb) if UPLO = 'L'. See Further Details. W W is REAL array, dimension (LDW,NB) The n-by-nb matrix W required to update the unreduced part of A. LDW LDW is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array W. LDW >= max(1,N). Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Further Details: If UPLO = 'U', the matrix Q is represented as a product of elementary reflectors Q = H(n) H(n-1) . . . H(n-nb+1). Each H(i) has the form H(i) = I - tau * v * v**T where tau is a real scalar, and v is a real vector with v(i:n) = 0 and v(i-1) = 1; v(1:i-1) is stored on exit in A(1:i-1,i), and tau in TAU(i-1). If UPLO = 'L', the matrix Q is represented as a product of elementary reflectors Q = H(1) H(2) . . . H(nb). Each H(i) has the form H(i) = I - tau * v * v**T where tau is a real scalar, and v is a real vector with v(1:i) = 0 and v(i+1) = 1; v(i+1:n) is stored on exit in A(i+1:n,i), and tau in TAU(i). The elements of the vectors v together form the n-by-nb matrix V which is needed, with W, to apply the transformation to the unreduced part of the matrix, using a symmetric rank-2k update of the form: A := A - V*W**T - W*V**T. The contents of A on exit are illustrated by the following examples with n = 5 and nb = 2: if UPLO = 'U': if UPLO = 'L': ( a a a v4 v5 ) ( d ) ( a a v4 v5 ) ( 1 d ) ( a 1 v5 ) ( v1 1 a ) ( d 1 ) ( v1 v2 a a ) ( d ) ( v1 v2 a a a ) where d denotes a diagonal element of the reduced matrix, a denotes an element of the original matrix that is unchanged, and vi denotes an element of the vector defining H(i). Definition at line 199 of file slatrd.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 slatrd.f(3)