Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with Running More than One Program Post 302388493 by DTriniWay on Wednesday 20th of January 2010 04:01:27 PM
Old 01-20-2010
2pugs,

Thanks for your reply.

So, if I understood this right, you're suggesting that I write another script called "run-all-agents" to execute the "run-any-agent" script - right?
Quote:
'$*' holds the positional parameters that you use when calling "run-all-agents".
What do you mean by "positional parameters"? So, will I be calling the script like this?
Code:
./run-all-agents MyProgram1 MyProgram2 ... MyProgramN

I'll mess with this a little and report back. It might also be nice to read the programs I want to run off a file (rather than "manually" typing them in). Anyway, I'll be back.

Thanks,

DTW

---------- Post updated at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote:
I'll mess with this a little and report back.
The script seems to run just fine. I tried running two programs for now using the command:
Code:
./run-all-agents MyProgram1 MyProgram2

However, I was wondering if there's a clean way to stop the programs, though. I used to be able to hit Ctrl+C to stop them but I'm not sure that is working very well now. They still run when I press the "Ctrl" key followed by the "C" key. Is there a script that can be written to halt the running programs cleanly too?

Thanks,

DTW

Last edited by DTriniWay; 01-20-2010 at 05:06 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Running a compiled Program

Just getting into the Unix command line programming and am unable to run any program I write. I am using a Makefile and the source is compiling but when I enter the name of the output file I get back: bash: lab01exe.out: command not found I'm sure I am just dooing something simple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krebsbac
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a program automatically

How can I make a program run automatically at a certain time of day? My problem is I need to make a small backup program that will back up a few files every day? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvadn0
3 Replies

3. Programming

running a c/c++ program in unix

This is not a question, but rather a simple how-to for programmers who are new to the UNIX environment. I too,am new to UNIX. First I developed a few programs on my box and perfected them until they were satisfactory for execution. Problem was however, that once i compiled and all that,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kray
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a program

Hi.Iam new to Linux.i got linux 7.0 pro and dont know how to run programs. I want a perl interputer and i know i installed one but how do i run it ??? Also how do i run a C or C++ editor ?and how do i run cron ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a program on boot!

Hi there! I tried to search for something like this here but couldn't find anything. I need to run a specific program when linux starts up. I need to run it after the rp-pppoe has started because this prog needs internet connection. I start the program by entering ./dynix start (its in my home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
4 Replies

6. Programming

running a program for a specified time

how can i run a program for a specified time? i need to print a current time during program execution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prosputko
3 Replies

7. Programming

running a parallel program

hi , i need to run a parallel program . for example; program1 { array=" the second program should called here : program 2" the execution should continue } the 2nd program should recieve an array of information as argument and it should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a program (Dynflow)

Lets get some stuff out of the way before the question. I am currently running FreeBSD 7.0 on a VirtualBox virtual machine. I do not know much about Unix or FreeBSD, though I do run linux at home. My boss gave me some files that he says are a unix version of the program Dynflow. The Programs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poet_will
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a program using csh

I have a program which I can run on the command line like below and works fine /nethome/chrisd/HSeis/TommyCD/TommyCD-1101/bin/raytrac vmod=npt10-z30.vmod srfile=jcdint.sc rcfile=jcdint.rc phases="SP FS" level=twop format="X T" dtau=0.1 mdacc=0.5 mindist=0.1 maxitertp=25 ray=npt10-z30.ry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running C program in UNIX

I want to run a C program from my BASH script. Here's some very basic simplified code of my bash script: #!/bin/bash echo "Run C program" ./main.c echo "Ran C program" Here's my main.c: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)