Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Assistance Needed With Find/Replace in Vi Post 302388491 by Loic Domaigne on Wednesday 20th of January 2010 03:48:31 PM
Old 01-20-2010
Hello,

Perhaps it's not what you're looking for, but I would replace the "which is" part by "for today, which is":
Code:
%s/which\ is/for\ today,\ which\ is/g

HTH,
Loïc.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount assistance needed...

Hello all - I've searched this forum, but was unable to find out the info I need. I'm trying to mount (nfs mount) a directory on another box from my Linux machine. The mount point resides on a Tru64 digital unix machine. The machine trying to do the mount is a Linux machine (redhat 8.0). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace code help needed

I have a file "dbshot.xml" that contains lines that need replacing in a batch format but the parameters are based on two lines. Ex. <role roletype="01"> <status>1 needs to be changed to <role roletype="01"> <status>0 I can't use simply "<status>1" replace since the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: E Orgill
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assistance needed.

the command "nawk" returns the error command cannot be found in my unix system. Is there a specific library i need to have to use this command? I tried, the whereis command and it returns nothing. if there is nothing to do, what command can i use to replace this nawk command? Appreciate some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yellow Book assistance needed

Has anyone worked with yellow book in a unix/linux environment? If so, could you provide me with more answers around this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FL1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: find and replace in certain field only, help needed

I got a sample file like this. $ cat test 12|13|100|s 12|13|100|s 100|13|100|s 12|13|100|s I want to replace all 100 by 2000 only in 3rd field using "awk" This is replacing all 100's :-( $ awk -F "|" '{gsub( /100/,"2000");print}' test 12|13|2000|s 12|13|2000|s 2000|13|2000|s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkl_jkl
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance needed with perl script

Ok, theres a log file containing the below. Lets call the logfile log_fantastic: 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 0014BF2D385A - STATUS_ID: 30 - STATE: ERROR 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 001310AC120D - STATUS_ID: 15 - STATE: OK 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

assistance needed to add 2 other routines to my script

Hello guys, In my script, I need to add two other routines where I Manipulate the files with a 'x' The routine looks at CLI named qip-getobjectprof that references a input file named hosts_list.txt Then I use the CLI named qip-setobject to set the orignal name with an 'x'and move the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance needed for pattern matching

Hi, Below are input files:- File1:- 1: ### CREATE TABLE ## 2: SOMETHING ELSE 1 3: ### CREATE TABLE ## 4: ### CREATE <spaces> 5: TABLE ### 6:SOMETHING ELSE 2 7: ## CREATE 8: <spaces> TABLE ### 9: SOMETHING ELSE 3 File2:- Similar Format... Desired 1 Output File:- (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishal
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving assistance needed date to month

We have year folder say in a path /opt/informat/Archive a folder 2012. And in the same folder /opt/informat/Archive we have different folders month based, like 201210, 201211, 201212, this have data for each month, ie files. Now time to time i need to move the monthly folders to the main folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghavraok
1 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)