Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Annoying in VI editor
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Annoying in VI editor Post 302388326 by shahnazurs on Wednesday 20th of January 2010 03:40:29 AM
Old 01-20-2010
I searched using same.
it is workig in a simple file, no idea why it is not working in this file.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a very annoying problem

hi i got fbsd here,when i try to start my X server as an user I got hte following error. Fatal server error: xf86OpenConsole: Server must be running with root permissions You should be usig Xwrapper to start the server or xdm. We strongly advise against making the server SUID root! But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormpie
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very ANNOYING Problem - Please Help

Hey Guys I have an extremely annoying problem with regular expressions! At this point i believe the command 'read' is causing the problem due to the carriage return it places once its done. I have an continuous loop until the input is correct: (After initial read statement) while ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow0001
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

4. Solaris

annoying problem with nis

This is my home set up I have 2 solaris boxes at home. One is a nis server and one is client. everytime I start the client without server, it will hang permanently looking for for nis server. is there a way to get around this? Can you set timeout the nis client? I use nis becuase my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: congngo
4 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Annoying tooltips

Hi Is there any way to turn off the (often ridiculously big) tooltips that are displayed when hovering over a topic in a topic list? It's driving me nuts. Thx. J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing an annoying popup window

Hi, I work for Xerox. As a new guy, I was recently pranked by the resident Solaris guru.:cool: This is a celebrated event. I must now prank back in an equally flawless fashion. I wish to get back to him by writing a script that will generate an annoying popup randomly, a small window that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orchus
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL annoying scope problem

Hello, I met a problem with following code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w # test.pl use strict; use diagnostics; use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect( "DBI:mysql:BibleBook","yifangt","password") or die("Cannot connect: $DBI::errstr"); my $sql = qq(SELECT * FROM library WHERE isbn =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get out of the annoying > in bash???

Occasionally I make a mistake in my shell that results in there being a > for the prompt instead of the normal $. Today I accidentally left off a " in a sed command, sed s/\"//g" infile > outfile and then I get $ sed s/\"//g" infile > outfile > > I have never figured out how to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
RNANO(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RNANO(1)

NAME
rnano - Restricted mode for Nano's ANOther editor, an enhanced free Pico clone SYNOPSIS
rnano [OPTIONS] [[+LINE,COLUMN] FILE]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the rnano command. nano is a small, free and friendly editor which aims to replace Pico, the default editor included in the non-free Pine package. Rather than just copying Pico's look and feel, nano also implements some missing (or disabled by default) features in Pico, such as "search and replace" and "go to line and column number". rnano is a restricted version of nano, which only edits specific files and doesn't allow the user access to the filesystem or a command shell. In restricted mode, nano will not: o read or write to any file not specified on the command line; o read any nanorc files; o allow suspending; o allow a file to be appended to, prepended to, or saved under a different name; o use backup files or spell checking. OPTIONS
+LINE,COLUMN Places cursor at line number LINE and column number COLUMN (at least one of which must be specified) on startup, instead of the default of line 1, column 1. -? Same as -h (--help). -h (--help) Show a summary of command line options and exit. -V (--version) Show the current version number and exit. See the nano(1) manpage for the complete documentation of nano. BUGS
Please send any comments or bug reports to nano@nano-editor.org. The nano mailing list is available from nano-devel@gnu.org. To subscribe, email to nano-devel-request@gnu.org with a subject of "subscribe". HOMEPAGE
http://www.nano-editor.org/ AUTHOR
Chris Allegretta <chrisa@asty.org>, et al (see AUTHORS for details). This manual page was originally written by Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>, for the Debian system (but may be used by others). August 23, 2007 version 2.0.0 RNANO(1)