Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting formatting tab with even size Post 302388142 by ivpz on Tuesday 19th of January 2010 02:11:54 PM
Old 01-19-2010
Sorry for asking something which may be obvious but what do %s and %16s mean?
Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change the tab size in vi?

the default size is 8. i found it's too big. how can i change the tab size in vi? is it a good idea to change it at all? thks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
12 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert LF and TAB for formatting

trying to insert a LF and 2 TABs for this: sed 's/<td><\/td>/<td>\n\t\t<\/td>/' infile. but, I'm not getting the syntax for inserting the LF and TABs correct (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

7. Linux

kde 4.3 and tab size

Hi Guys I have just upgraded to kde4 and i noticed that the default tab size in konsole are massive, i cannot see the setting to change this any hlep thanks Adam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Change tab size to 4

forum members, gvim version 6.0.150.0 Vi has been my favorite editor for over 30 years. Mostly with Unix but now with windows XP. It works fine but I want to change the tab to 4 spaces instead of 8. I read on the internet that I can edit the .vimrc file but I only have an _vimrc... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerryd
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
dump(4) 						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							   dump(4)

NAME
dumprestor, dumpdates - Incremental dump format SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <ufs/inode.h> DESCRIPTION
Tapes used by dump and restore contain: The format of the header record and of the first record of each description as given in the include file <dumprestor.h> is: #define NTREC 10 #define TS_TAPE 1 #define TS_INODE 2 #define TS_BITS 3 #define TS_ADDR 4 #define TS_END 5 #define TS_CLRI 6 #define NFS_MAGIC (int) 60012 #define CHECKSUM (int) 84446 #define TP_BSIZE 1024 #define TP_NINDIR (TP_BSIZE/2) #define LBLSIZE 16 #define NAMELEN 64 struct s_spcl { long c_type; time_t c_date; time_t c_ddate; long c_volume; daddr_t c_tapea; ino_t c_inumber; long c_magic; long c_checksum; struct dinode c_dinode; long c_count; char c_addr[TP_NINDIR]; char c_label[LBLSIZE]; long c_level; char c_filesys[NAMELEN]; char c_dev[NAMELEN]; char c_host[NAMELEN]; long c_flags; } s_spcl; struct idates { char id_name[NAME_MAX + 3]; char id_incno; time_t id_ddate; }; #define DUMPOUTFMT "%-16s %c %s" /* for printf */ /* name, incno, ctime(date) */ #define DUMPINFMT "%16s %c %[^00 /* inverse for scanf */ NTREC is the number of TP_BSIZE-byte records in a physical tape block. The TS_ entries are used in the c_type field to indicate what sort of header this is. The types and their meanings are as follows: Tape volume label. A file or directory follows. The c_dinode field is a copy of the disk inode and contains bits telling what sort of file this is. A bit map follows. This bit map has a one (1) bit for each inode that was dumped. A subrecord of a file description. See c_addr described in the next list. End of tape record. A bit map follows. This bit map contains a zero bit for all inodes that were empty on the file system when dumped. All header records have this number in c_magic. Header records checksum to this value. The fields of the header structure are as follows: The type of the header. The date of the dump. The date of the previous dump to the file system. The current volume number of the dump. The current number of this (1024-byte) record. The number of the inode being dumped if this is of type TS_INODE. This contains the value MAGIC above, truncated as needed. This contains whatever value is needed to make the record sum to CHECKSUM. This is a copy of the inode as it appears on the file system. For further information, see fs(4). The count of characters in c_addr. An array of characters describing the blocks of the dumped file. A character is zero if the block associated with that character was not present on the file system; otherwise the character is nonzero. If the block was not present on the file system, no block was dumped; the block will be restored as a hole in the file. If there is not sufficient space in this record to describe all of the blocks in a file, TS_ADDR records will be scattered through the file, each one picking up where the last left off. The label of the dump. The level number of the dump. The name of the file system. The name of the device. The name of the host. Additional information such as whether the dump uses the format tape header described here. Each volume except the last ends with a tapemark (read as an end of file). The last volume ends with a TS_END record and then the tape- mark. The structure idates describes an entry in the file /etc/dumpdates where dump history is kept. The fields of the structure are: The dumped filesystem is `/dev/?/id_nam' where ? indicates a device class subdirectory such as /dev/disk. The level number of the dump tape. For further information, see dump(8). The date of the incremental dump in system format. FILES
/etc/dumpdates RELATED INFORMATION
fs(4), dump(8), restore(8) delim off dump(4)