Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Detecting A USB Storage Device From A Script Post 302387954 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 19th of January 2010 02:35:59 AM
Old 01-19-2010
See:
Code:
man hal-find-by-capability

for further info and references

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Some problem about usb mass storage device

Dear linuxers, I have a usb mess storage device. My OS is rh as3 update2. Each time I use the command mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb I got the error "the device is not a valid block device". I found from google that I should install the module sd_mod I use the command insmod sd_mod... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niukun
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

path_to_inst output for usb storage device

Hello, I have a sun blade 100 with solaris 10 and am perplexed by the instances of devices that I see when I attach a usb flash stick to one of the ports in the back of the chassis. Here is what I see for USB storage in /etc/path_to_inst: "/pci@1f,0/usb@c,3/storage@3" 0 "scsa2usb"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: montana77
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Usb Device

AM TRYING TO CONNECT A USB EXTERNAL DRIVE FOR BACKUP,THE USB SLOT IS AVAILABLE,BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT IS READY WHEN I CONNECT IT,AND WHAT COMMANDS DO I NEED. tHANKS (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to enumerate USB Mass Storage devices?

Hi all, I want to write a program in C that can enumerate all USB massand their mount point storage on my system. i want to give ability to copy one file to desired USB mass storage or read a file from it. I have posted another question about how can recieve USB arrival in this forum. I think... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aghashahi
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address while installing FreeeBSD 7.0

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 7.0 from CDs I made a few months ago on a brand new system with parts I just got in from NewEgg. I select the default option from the Boot Loader and it goes into the device probe. Several devices are recognized, but then it freezes at: mskc0: <Marvell Yukon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideogon
2 Replies

6. BSD

Detecting usb stick in freebsd

I inserted a 8GB usb stick in a number of machine with FreeBSD 7.1, but the medium was not detected: $ dmesg | grep MB usable memory = 4263022592 (4065 MB) avail memory = 4082540544 (3893 MB) pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at device 31.3 (no driver attached) ad0: 238475MB <WDC WD2500BEVT-00ZCT0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Detecting wirelss USB Adapter

Hi, i try to plug in my USB wireless adapter to my sun solaris server. However, it cannot detect it. How do i set it so that it can detect it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lkyow
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto run script on USB device

Okay I want to write a script that I put on a jump drive. And when you plug the USB in this script executes. How would i go about doing this? I don't care what the program does right now. I just want to know how this would be done. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
1 Replies

9. AIX

Mounting USB Mass Storage

Hi experts, recently i'm exploring USB with filesystem FAT32 mounting on my aix oslevel 6100-04-02-1007. I tried to google to get solutions but failed. Thus, i post it here hope to get solution. Appreciate :) This is my usb drives: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
5 Replies