Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripting Help - Display Processes Post 302387911 by dinjo_jo on Monday 18th of January 2010 11:25:00 PM
Old 01-19-2010
No Homework assignment here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spawing multiple display processes from one shell.

Question: Suppose I want to, from the terminal, use a shell script that would do the display image.jpg command to load multiple images from a directory all at the same time. One terminal, and for example 10 image files. Basically I want to execute 10 different commands simultaniously all from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeTheGuy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scripting DISPLAY

I'm a little stump how to get the server's variable DISPLAY to be dynamically set to whichever client I'm connecting with. I'm using BASH but more familiar with ksh/sh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benq70
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display what processes, users have opened at a given time

Hello, What i have to do is make a top 10 list of users sorted by the number of processes opened at a given time. Can anyone help me with finding out for a given moment, for all users how many processes each had opened? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabibyte
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate months and display in shell scripting

I just want to know, how do we calculate the months in shell scripting. If i give the input as 20-01-2011, the output should be 20-02-2011, 20-03-2011 or 20-04-2011........ How do i get this ? Cheers. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin24
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help scripting to start, check, and restart processes

Here it goes from my unexperienced point of view. I am using CentOS 5.6. I have a Java based server that needs to be running 24/7/365. To begin from the machine the server is on rebooting; I SSH in to a shell, cd to the server dir, screen -S server1, and execute ./exec (listed below) in the screen.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacG32
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the First and Last name from a file using shell scripting

I am new to shell scripting and doing a similar thing @ work Stan:Smith:Detroit:MI Jim:Jones:Farmington Hills:MI Jack:Frost:Denver:CO Sue:Apple:New York:NY Cindy:Thompson:Battle Creek:MI John:Smith:Denver:CO George:Jones:New York:NY Need to create a shell script This script will display... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakemathew
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in shell Scripting to display a output from a command

Please find my below requirement and see if you can help me on this. I am looking for a shell script which can provide me the below output. Manuall steps which i am doing now 1) First I source the File $ . ./WC_env.sh 2) Execute the command $ /app/oracle/product/mos/bin/mosotl -url... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudheshpn@gmail
2 Replies

8. Linux

How to display all daemon processes in priority order?

Hi, Is there any way to run chkconfig --list and to display all daemon processes in PRIORITY order, not in alphabetic order? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display info about users (UID GID processes terminal)

I would like to get an opinion for my solution for this task and get feedback about better approach or mistakes I have made. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to create a script which prints information about users whose names are specified in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornfan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to display processes which have been running for more than a X hours?

Hi, Is it possible to display processes which have been running for more than a 5hrs using a variation of the ps -ef command? Regards, Manny (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantas44
5 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)