Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Apache modules different sizes on 2 servers Post 302387844 by jlliagre on Monday 18th of January 2010 01:10:49 PM
Old 01-18-2010
You can compare elfdump output for each of them investigate. I wouldn't worry anyway.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

squid proxy and apache servers

hi. pardon my noob question id just like to have a quick answer. i am planning to install a jabber webclient and a jabber server in our apache server. my boss said this wouldnt work because squid filters port 5222 connections (jabber). i told him we can simply 'unfilter' the port then but he said... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to compare total directory structure and get sizes of all f on two different servers

Hello every one, Iam newbie to this forum and shell programming &scripting. i needed to compare each and every folder of two separate servers. Actually I have copied some directory structure from one server to second server, to build on second server the files all should be copied... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which modules are installed for APACHE?

Is there some way I can tell which modules I have installed for APACHE? Would it be in httpd.conf? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file sizes

I have 2 big files in the size of gb. They are same with respect to content, both are “,” delimited. Now both of them are created by two different processes but has the same logic. The problem is they are differing only in few bytes for e.g one file is 202195751 bytes other is 202195773. So... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compressing logs on multiple servers/modules

Hi, I have 3 servers and 8 modules on each server with log files. The path is something like: /path/(server)/app/(module) the logs file are already in a file format of server.log.* on all modules. To compress the modules i will be using find . -name "server.log.*" -exec gzip {} \; and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acc01
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache modules query

How and where can I see the list of modules that my Apache is running with. Note the httpd.conf can be altered after apache start so we can say for sure that the modules mentioned in there are the once that apache has loaded currently. Kindly help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

8. Web Development

<Apache>error when compiling CPP modules

Hi, I am working on Linux Platform. I am just trying to port a CPP module to apache as a module. When I try to build the Apache , it throws an error as follows libtool: unrecognized option `-DLINUX=2' Later I did some search and changed the config_vars.mk file under the "build" directory of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashabb
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Partition Sizes

Good Morning, What's a good way to get partition/slice sizes down to the byte on Solaris 9? I've tried a few ways, but only see results like 8.21GB which rounds the number. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
5 Replies
dump(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           dump(1)

NAME
dump - dump selected parts of an object file SYNOPSIS
dump [-aCcfghLorstV [-p]] [ -T index [ , indexn]] filename... dump [ -afhorstL [-p] [v]] filename... dump [ -hsr [-p] [ -d number [ , numbern]]] filename... dump [ -hsrt [-p] [-n name]] filename... DESCRIPTION
The dump utility dumps selected parts of each of its object file arguments. The dump utility is best suited for use in shell scripts, whereas the elfdump(1) command is recommended for more human-readable output. OPTIONS
This utility will accept both object files and archives of object files. It processes each file argument according to one or more of the following options: -a Dumps the archive header of each member of an archive. -c Dumps the string table(s). -C Dumps decoded C++ symbol table names. -f Dumps each file header. -g Dumps the global symbols in the symbol table of an archive. -h Dumps the section headers. -L Dumps dynamic linking information and static shared library information, if available. -o Dumps each program execution header. -r Dumps relocation information. -s Dumps section contents in hexadecimal. -t Dumps symbol table entries. -T index Dumps only the indexed symbol table entry defined by index or a range of entries defined by index1,index2. -T index1,index2 -V Prints version information. The following modifiers are used in conjunction with the options listed above to modify their capabilities. -d number Dumps the section number indicated by number or the range of sections starting at number1 and ending at number2. -d number1,number2 This modifier can be used with -h, -s, and -r. When -d is used with -h or -s, the argument is treated as the number of a section or range of sections. When -d is used with -r, the argument is treated as the number of the section or range of sections to which the relocation applies. For example, to print out all relocation entries associated with the .text section, specify the number of the section as the argument to -d. If .text is section number 2 in the file, dump -r -d 2 will print all associated entries. To print out a specific relocation section, use dump -s -n name for raw data output, or dump -sv -n name for interpreted output. -n name Dumps information pertaining only to the named entity. This modifier can be used with -h, -s, -r, and -t. When -n is used with -h or -s, the argument will be treated as the name of a section. When -n is used with -t or -r, the argument will be treated as the name of a symbol. For example, dump -t -n .text will dump the symbol table entry associated with the symbol whose name is .text, where dump -h -n .text will dump the section header information for the .text section. -p Suppresses printing of the headings. -v Dumps information in symbolic representation rather than numeric. This modifier can be used with -a (date, user id, group id) -f (class, data, type, machine, version, flags) -h (type, flags) -L (value) -o (type, flags) -r (name, type) -s (interpret section contents wherever possible) -t (type, bind) When -v is used with -s, all sections that can be interpreted, such as the string table or symbol table, will be interpreted. For example, dump -sv -n .symtab filename... will produce the same formatted output as dump -tv file- name..., but dump -s -n .symtab filename... will print raw data in hexadecimal. Without additional modifiers, dump -sv filename... will dump all sections in the files, interpreting all those that it can and dumping the rest (such as .text or .data) as raw data. The dump utility attempts to format the information it dumps in a meaningful way, printing certain information in character, hexadecimal, octal, or decimal representation as appropriate. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbtool | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
elfdump(1), nm(1), ar.h(3HEAD), a.out(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2002 dump(1)