Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nagios on Linux
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Nagios on Linux Post 302387736 by sunray on Monday 18th of January 2010 07:00:09 AM
Old 01-18-2010
Nagios on Linux

Hi All,

I am new in Linux.

I want to install Nagios on Linux.

Kindly provide me guidelines for the same. Its urgent..........

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

configuring nagios

Hi all I'm trying to get nagios up and running on FreeBSD 4.10 I installed the ports and just have to configure it documentation supplied by nagios on how to configure the net-mgmt is not working for me. I tried everything possible but just can't seem to configure it. Anybody have an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stunner
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

nagios configuration

HI all, This is my first topic in this forum. I have a test environment which has a fedora in it and i installed nagios 3.0.6 I added windows clients into it. But i am not getting informative outputs from it. Can anyone tell me where i can edit inorder to get a more informative garph output.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
4 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios: How to read the Linux system file?

hi 2 all i installed nagios in my linux srvr . check_ftp file is in format of system format . i wants to see the syntax for that script how can i read that file .. ??? please help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Can I install Nagios on Linux ?

Can I install Nagios on Linux ? I want to monotor some Windows and Linux systems through Nagios, So Can I Install Nagios on LINUX? Or should I install it on SuseLinux? I wan to learn more about Nagios , Please guide me properly. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
6 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios configuration support on Linux

Hi All, I have been trying to find a documentation for implementing a check of an Oracle query on Nagios environment. The requirement is very simple. This is the Oracle query select count(*) from IM_BC_JOB; If count_number >= 10 then RED alert if count_number < 10 then GREEN alert ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio123bgg
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Nagios Problem

Hello, I installed Nagios on the Centreon Platform <----"Centralized monitoring platform" anyways now every time i click on any of the tabs inside centreon interface, it gives me a Blank page, i have no idea what to do. i thought of resetting nagios to an earlier time when it was running... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waelkd
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Need help with Nagios scripting

hye, I) so am using nagios through centreon. i now understand were perl plugins should be written "in libexec" but my question is , i just create a file via VI write the script in it , and use it through centreon interface? II) lets say i would like to add a drop down menu to this webpage... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: waelkd
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

How secure using Nagios?

Hello Experts, I have my windows servers located at different data-centers across US and I am monitoring all of them using Nagios server configured on a CentOS. All communications are done via public IP address and I doubt it can invite some security threats too. Can anyone let me know if it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
3 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios check dependent on second nagios server

We have a dual Nagios server setup. One is setup for internal server monitoring on our LAN, while the second Nagios server is hosted externally and is used for external checks only such as URL and ping checks form the WAN side. I was wondering if there is any way to setup cross dependencies... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugenes18t
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memcache in Nagios

Hello, I want to setup Nagios with service Memcache...We have Amazon Cloud..Please help me to setup this service on my Nagios Client. How to check Memcache is working or not on my server?? 1. Please provide us the command defination to set on Nagios Server for .cfg file. 2.Please provide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetan
1 Replies
CHECK_LM_SENSORS(7)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       CHECK_LM_SENSORS(7)

NAME
"check_lm_sensors" - Nagios plugin to monitor hardware sensors and disk temperatures DESCRIPTION
check_lm_sensors is a Nagios plugin to monitor the values of on board sensors and hard disk temperatures on Linux systems VERSION
Version 3.1.1 SYNOPSIS
check_lm_sensors [--help] [--verbose] [--version] [OPTIONS] Options -?, --help help -l, --low specifies a check for a sensor value which is too low. -h, --high specifies a check for a sensor value which is too high. -r, --range specifies a check for a sensor value which should stay in a given range. --rename renames a sensor in the performance output (useful if you want to have common names for similar sensors across different machines) --sanitize sanitize sensor names (e.g., removing spaces) --nosensors disable checks on check lm_sensors --nodrives disable checks on drive temperatures -d, --drives enable checks on drive temperature --hddtemp_bin manually specifies the location of the hddtemp binary --sensors_bin manually specified the location of the sensors binary -v, --verbose verbose output --version prints $prog_name's version and exits REQUIRED ARGUMENTS
OPTIONS
EXAMPLE
DIAGNOSTICS
You can specify multiple --verbose options to increase the program verbosity. EXIT STATUS
0 if OK, 1 in case of a warning, 2 in case of a critical status and 3 in case of an unknown problem DEPENDENCIES
check_updates depends on o Carp o English o Getopt::Long o Nagios::Plugin o Nagios::Plugin::Threshold o version CONFIGURATION
INCOMPATIBILITIES
None reported. SEE ALSO
Nagios documentation BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. Please report any bugs or feature requests to matteo.corti@id.ethz.ch, or through the web interface at https://svn.id.ethz.ch/trac/nagios_plugins/newticket AUTHOR
Matteo Corti <matteo.corti@id.ethz.ch> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, ETH Zurich. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GNU general public license (gpl) version 3. See the LICENSE file for details. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENCE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
perl v5.14.2 2012-07-02 CHECK_LM_SENSORS(7)