Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What do you do for a living?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you do for a living? Post 302387666 by skmdu on Monday 18th of January 2010 01:31:32 AM
Old 01-18-2010
Developer aka programmer, with Linux platform.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Starting over, making a living with linux?

I really like to use linux, although I freely admit I don't know squat about it. I can install it, update it and get it to most of what I would like it to do, up to running some windows apps on it. I am going back so to school starting on the 25th, with a declared major of Information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com https://youtu.be/eTddtFa_Z_g We asked our users at UNIX.com what they do for a living, and this was their top three replies in 1080 HD video. Shout-outs to quotes in the video from forum members Akshay Hegde, geeky404, ni2 and joeyg. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
POLYGRAPH-AKA(1)						   User Commands						  POLYGRAPH-AKA(1)

NAME
polygraph-aka - IP aliases manipulation tool SYNOPSIS
aka [--option ...] [interface_name] [alias] ... DESCRIPTION
Aka is used to setup large number of aliases during Polygraph experiments with many robots and servers. The aliases option specifies what alias or aliases you want to have on the given interface. Aka recognizes IP addresses in PGL address for- mat, including dotted IP range. Aka will try to guess the subnet or you can use an explicit subnet specification. The number of aliases you can set depends on your OS. Moreover, some OSes may support large number of aliases (more than 1000) but with a significant performance penalty. Note that you can just put alias specs after all other options and the interface name (see aka's usage line). Aka will delete all old aliases before setting new ones. If you do not specify the new aliases, the old ones will still be deleted (handy for cleaning up after yourself). OPTIONS
--help list of options --version package version info --if <str> interface name --aliases <str> ip(s) or ip range(s) to set as aliases COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2006 The Measurement Factory, Inc. SEE ALSO
polygraph(7) - general information and a list of programs http://www.web-polygraph.org/ - project web site polygraph-aka - Web Polygraph February 2010 POLYGRAPH-AKA(1)