Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vi in color
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Vi in color Post 302387634 by ZalimJin on Sunday 17th of January 2010 07:32:37 PM
Old 01-17-2010
To turn off color syntax highlighting in the VI editor:

From within vi:
:syntax off

To turn it back on:
:syntax on

Hope this helps.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify Color and send email with same color

Hello mates, I have a requirement where in which I have to mail an output from multiple programs in the same colour as the output from shell script. I have seen a post to mail html in our forum,but my case is I have to first identify which colour the output is in an then mail it to in the ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
10 Replies
IMAGECOLORTRANSPARENT(3)						 1						  IMAGECOLORTRANSPARENT(3)

imagecolortransparent - Define a color as transparent

SYNOPSIS
int imagecolortransparent (resource $image, [int $color]) DESCRIPTION
Sets the transparent color in the given $image. PARAMETERS
o $ image -An image resource, returned by one of the image creation functions, such as imagecreatetruecolor(3). o $color - A color identifier created with imagecolorallocate(3). RETURN VALUES
The identifier of the new (or current, if none is specified) transparent color is returned. If $color is not specified, and the image has no transparent color, the returned identifier will be -1. EXAMPLES
Example #1 imagecolortransparent(3) example <?php // Create a 55x30 image $im = imagecreatetruecolor(55, 30); $red = imagecolorallocate($im, 255, 0, 0); $black = imagecolorallocate($im, 0, 0, 0); // Make the background transparent imagecolortransparent($im, $black); // Draw a red rectangle imagefilledrectangle($im, 4, 4, 50, 25, $red); // Save the image imagepng($im, './imagecolortransparent.png'); imagedestroy($im); ?> The above example will output something similar to:[NOT DISPLAYABLE MEDIA]Output of example : imagecolortransparent() NOTES
Note Transparency is copied only with imagecopymerge(3) and true color images, not with imagecopy(3) or pallete images. Note The transparent color is a property of the image, transparency is not a property of the color. Once you have set a color to be the transparent color, any regions of the image in that color that were drawn previously will be transparent. PHP Documentation Group IMAGECOLORTRANSPARENT(3)