Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users grep source code and exclude comments Post 302387519 by gaurav1086 on Saturday 16th of January 2010 02:19:15 PM
Old 01-16-2010
hello ,

If I were you , I'd better try cscope
Vim/Cscope tutorial

Regards,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - to exclude lines beginning with pattern

11132 13069 11137 11142 13070 Can I use grep command to exclude all lines beginning with 13? I dont want to use grep -v 13 as potentially there will be a number with something like 11013 that I would exclude in error.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to exclude the GREP command from GREP

I am doing "ps -f" to see my process. but I get lines that one of it represents the ps command itself. I want to grep it out using -v flag, but than I get another process that belongs to the GREP itself : I would like to exclude # ps -f UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep exclude/find single and double quotes

Hello, I'm trying to use grep or egrep to exclude a whole range of characters but how do I exclude both a single and a double quote. It might be easier to say how do I use grep to find both single and double quotes. grep ' ' " ' file grep detects the first single quote within my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lindy_so
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Grep Include/Exclude Files

I wrote this korn script and ran into a hole. I can use find to exclude all the hidden directories and to use my include file/exclude files for running a full backup find / -depth -ipath '/home/testuser/.*' -prune -o -print| grep -f include.mydirs | grep -v -f exclude.mydirs but when I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for a srting & exclude two folders

Hi, Below is the command to grep for a string under grep -r "redeem" /home/tom Need to make it case insensitive and exclude logs & tmp folders under /home/tom directory in my Search. Need this in Linux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude dash in grep

Hi, I must be overlooking something, but I don't understand why this doesn't work. I'm trying to grep on a date, excluding all the lines starting with a dash: testfile: #2013-12-31 2013-12-31code: grep '^2013-12-31' testfileI'm expecting to see just the second line '2013-12-31' but I don't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep last two lines, calc & adding comments

....... 06/09/2013|12:00:00 PM|3|26112|40|44032|27419.7|6 1 0 93 |6|1|0|93 06/09/2013|12:30:00 PM|3|26112|40|44032|27491|11 4 0 85 |11|4|0|85 I have "sysperf.out" file containing the lines above. What I like to have on the output is: Node: prod1db ===> this is the hostname Date:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude multiple lines using grep

Hi, I'm working on a shell script that reports service status on a database server. There are some services that are in disabled status that the script should ignore and only check the services that are in Enabled status. I output the service configuration to a file and use that information to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil3d
5 Replies
OHCOUNT(1)							   User Commands							OHCOUNT(1)

NAME
ohcount - manual page for ohcount 3.0.0 SYNOPSIS
ohcount [option] [paths...] DESCRIPTION
Ohloh source code line counter command line tool. http://www.ohloh.net/ [option] can be one of the following: -a, --annotate -d, --detect -h, --help -i, --individual -l, --license -re -s, --summary -a, --annotate Show annotated source code The contents of all source code files found within the given paths will be emitted to stdout. Each line will be prefixed with a tab-delimited language name and semantic categorization (code, comment, or blank). -d, --detect Find source code files Recursively find all source code files within the given paths. For each source code file found, the file name will be emitted to stdout prefixed with a tab-delimited language name. -h, --help Display this message -i, --individual Count lines of code per file Count lines in all source code files within the given paths, and emit a report of the lines of code, comments, and blanks in each language per file. -l, --license Displays detected licensing information contained in each source code file. -re Prints raw entity information to the screen (mainly for debugging). -s, --summary Count lines of code (default) Count lines in all source code files within the given paths, and emit a report of the total number of lines of code, comments, and blanks in each language. This is the default action. [paths] can refer to any number of individual files or directories. Directories will be probed recursively. If no path is given, the current directory will be used. ohcount 3.0.0 September 2011 OHCOUNT(1)