Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Sending all apache logs to Syslog Server Post 302387402 by dday on Friday 15th of January 2010 03:40:03 PM
Old 01-15-2010
According to this directive:

Code:

ErrorLog syslog:local1
LogLevel notice

You set the level to only show notices from Apache.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

sending messages from auditd logs to syslog server

I have the auditd running and I need to send the audit logs to a remote syslog server. Anyideas on how to do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathenge
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

howto dump CFTOKEN and CFID in apache logs

hi folks, Can you help me how to dump CFTOKEN and CFID requests in apache access_log ? can you give me a better idea how to accomplish this ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sending file from UNIX server to Windows server

I'm trying to write a Perl script where a file from a UNIX server box connects to a Windows server box and copies that file into the Window box. The main problem I have right now is that whenever I try to connect to the Windows box, the connection is refused. The error message that always pops... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

5. AIX

Apache logs

Hi, I can't seem to find the apache logs in my system. Can anyone assist me on finding them? This was done with a RPM install. I've checked everywhere and even tried a find command with key names like httpd and apache. and i've come up with nothing except my conf files. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

6. Linux

How to push Tomcat logs to remote syslog server?

I found a script for automatically push tomcat logs to syslog server which is locate in same server. How do I change it to push logs to remote server? log4j.rootLogger=INFO, WARN, console, file, SYSLOG log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender log4j.appender.file.append=true... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heshandh
2 Replies
notifier(7)							    Apple Inc.							       notifier(7)

NAME
notifier - cups notification interface SYNOPSIS
notifier recipient [ user-data ] DESCRIPTION
The CUPS notifier interface provides a standard method for adding support for new event notification methods to CUPS. Each notifier deliv- ers one or more IPP events from the standard input to the specified recipient. Notifiers must read IPP messages from the standard input using the ippNew and ippReadFile functions and exit on error. Notifiers are encouraged to exit after a suitable period of inactivity, however they may exit after reading the first message or stay running until an error is seen. LOG MESSAGES
Messages sent to stderr are generally logged to the current ErrorLog. Each line begins with a standard prefix: ALERT: message Sets the printer-state-message attribute and adds the specified message to the current ErrorLog using the "alert" log level. CRIT: message Sets the printer-state-message attribute and adds the specified message to the current ErrorLog using the "critical" log level. DEBUG: message Sets the printer-state-message attribute and adds the specified message to the current ErrorLog using the "debug" log level. DEBUG2: message Sets the printer-state-message attribute and adds the specified message to the current ErrorLog using the "debug2" log level. EMERG: message Sets the printer-state-message attribute and adds the specified message to the current ErrorLog using the "emergency" log level. ERROR: message Sets the printer-state-message attribute and adds the specified message to the current ErrorLog using the "error" log level. INFO: message Sets the printer-state-message attribute. If the current LogLevel is set to "debug2", also adds the specified message to the current ErrorLog using the "info" log level. NOTICE: message Sets the printer-state-message attribute and adds the specified message to the current ErrorLog using the "notice" log level. WARNING: message Sets the printer-state-message attribute and adds the specified message to the current ErrorLog using the "warning" log level. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables are defined by the CUPS server when executing the notifier: CHARSET The default text character set, typically utf-8. CUPS_CACHEDIR The directory for semi-persistent cache files can be found. CUPS_DATADIR The directory where data files can be found. CUPS_FILETYPE The type of file being printed: "job-sheet" for a banner page and "document" for a regular print file. CUPS_SERVERROOT The root directory of the server. LANG The default language locale (typically C or en). PATH The standard execution path for external programs that may be run by the filter. SOFTWARE The name and version number of the server (typically CUPS/1.2). TZ The timezone of the server. USER The user executing the filter, typically "lp"; consult the cupsd.conf(5) file for the current setting. SEE ALSO
backend(7), cupsd(8), filter(7), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 by Apple Inc. 12 May 2009 CUPS notifier(7)