Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Interrupting script while execution Post 302387321 by Satyak on Friday 15th of January 2010 08:56:18 AM
Old 01-15-2010
Java Interrupting script while execution

Hi,
I have a script "a.sh", when the script is running user should not be able to interrupt the script execution.If user tries I need to throw an error.

Please help in this.

Thanks
Satya

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on script execution

Hi, Please help me on the below code of line of what it actually does ${Script_dir}/scrip1.sh & export script1_pid=$! ${Scipt_dir}/script2.sh & export script2_pid=$! ${Scrip_dIR}/script3.sh & export script3_pid=$! wait ${script1_pid} //could u tell me wht this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussane
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to carry-over the script execution to another system

The situation is like this. If I need to know the parameters of all the unix servers connected to a common network, is it possible to get all the parameter details of all the system with the help of a script written in one server?? Can a script be written like that ? Let me give some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvanash
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Issue Serial Forground Execution vs Concurrent Background Execution

I have an expect script that interrogates several hundred unix servers for both access and directories therein using "ssh user@host ls -l /path". The combination of host/path are unique but the host may be interrogated multiple times if there are multiple paths to test. The expect script is run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Execution

Hello all, I generally get 6 or more files at location /usr/example.Files listed below er 1 2 3 9.txt er 2 2 3 9.txt er 3 2 3 9.txt er 4 2 3 9.txt abc.next del pa.txt cr ad.txt ps tr as er.txt Now the issue is i need to transfer 2 files (one file is fixed called abc.next) at a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH using shell script terminates the script execution

Hello, I am writing a shell script in which i do ssh to remote server and count the number of files there and then exit. After the exit the shell script terminates which i believe is expected behavior. Can some one suggest me a way where even after the exit the script execution resumes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

invoke one script based on previous script execution

I am database guy and not very good at shell scripts. I am seeking help to sharp my script coding. I have 5 scripts 1. master script. I use this one to call other four scripts to do database work. 2. db_backup_1 and log_backup_1 3. db_backup_2 and log_backup_2 in master script, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script execution

I need to call a script if the month end falls on Saturday or Sunday (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala1985
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Help Interrupting Sparc 5 Boot

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to interrupt the boot of my Sparc 5 via a serial terminal. I am sending breaks from the terminal (minicom) like crazy during startup yet the system is hell-bent on booting up UNIX like the reliable beast it always has been. I also inserted my Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MungoJerry
3 Replies
cmhaltserv(1m)															    cmhaltserv(1m)

NAME
cmhaltserv - halt a service from the high availability package halt script SYNOPSIS
cmhaltserv [-v] service_name DESCRIPTION
cmhaltserv is used only in the high availability package halt script to halt a service. To stop a package service, the running package halt script must be running as superuser(UID=0), or as a user with access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1) or cmmakepkg(1). If any part of a package is marked down, the package halt script is executed as part of the recovery process. This command sends a SIGTERM signal to the PID and the corresponding process group of the monitored service. If this signal is caught by the running application, it is up to the application to ensure that the processes will be terminated. Options cmhaltserv supports the following options: -v Verbose output will be displayed. RETURN VALUE
cmhaltserv returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
To halt the service db1, do the following: # Halt the service db1 cmhaltserv db1 This line should only be executed within a package halt script. AUTHOR
cmhaltserv was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmmakepkg(1m), cmquerycl(1m), cmmodnet(1m), cmrunserv(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmhaltserv(1m)