Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Oracle - How to manage listener log files Post 302387298 by radoulov on Friday 15th of January 2010 05:50:34 AM
Old 01-15-2010
As far as I know you need to implement your own custom procedure. You may disable the logging and re-enable it only when/if needed.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to manage the .nfs files generated by the system

I'm running a UNIX application on HP-UX which generated logs files every few seconds. Now at times these log files are replicated as .nfs files and sometimes cannot be deleted. Now it reaches a point that i'm not even able to list any files on the logs directory. Normally i restart that server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Test if Oracle listener is running

Hi All , I am new to shall scripting, i want write an script for oracle tns and listener. If tns working i want o/p as "Listener and TNS are working" else o/p should be ""Listener and TNS are not Working" below is the command in unix to check the tns status, if no output it means TNS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul bari
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Oracle Listener Error on Red hat 5

Hello everybody, the reason why im posting this thread is because i've installed an oracle test database on RHEL 5, on a localhost (Since it is for test)... the thing is, after i have installed the DB it works just fine, but after i re start it, i get the following errors when i want to go into the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
5 Replies

6. AIX

SIGHUP killing Oracle Listener Process

I have a cold backup script which backs up my database and then restarts the oracle listener and database at around 01:30 I can see at this time that my database and listener are indeed running. However at around 02:17 my listener process receives a SIGHUP 1 signal from the AIX OS ( version 5.3 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies

7. AIX

Oracle Listener gets killed when root session is closed

Hi everyone, This is a strange thing, sometimes when I type > exit from root session, i get a message > There are processes running after this message is displayed the oracle listener dies out and have to startup the listener again. but this doesn't have always. Where should I start to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies
FS_RXSTATPEER(1)					       AFS Command Reference						  FS_RXSTATPEER(1)

NAME
fs_rxstatpeer - Manage per-peer Rx statistics collection SYNOPSIS
fs rxstatpeer [-clear] [-disable] [-enable] [-help] DESCRIPTION
fs rxstatpeer manipulates some of the Rx protocol counters in the OpenAFS kernel interface. OPTIONS
-clear Clear the Rx stats for peers in the kernel module. -disable Disable logging of Rx stats for peers in the kernel module. -enable Enable logging of Rx stats for peers in the kernel module. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
This command produces no output other than error messages. EXAMPLES
Enable Rx Stats for peers: % fs rxstatpeer -enable PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root. SEE ALSO
fs(1), fs_rxstatproc(1), rxdebug(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_RXSTATPEER(1)