Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitoring script to check if cm cluster is up or not. Post 302387227 by pludi on Friday 15th of January 2010 01:24:06 AM
Old 01-15-2010
The test operator requires that there be a whitespace on each side of the brackets. Add them, and it should work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check all the applications are in cluster using shell script

Hi I have an application running in four different node.The server is tomcat.Each node in each tomcat server.How do i check whether all the nodes are in cluster using shell script. any command to check this would be of great use.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if the server is on a Cluster

Hi im connecting to a datacenter remotely. is there a command to know if the server is on a cluster? i want to know the command to use in these OS(hp-ux,solaris,linux) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinslick25
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether server is up or down by monitoring PID?

we have a server, which becomes down at times and we dont get any notification mail. Can we monitor PID for that server run and create a script to send notification to a mail id? I have URL for the server, which I can use. Please let me know if more information is required from my end to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vandana.parwani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check if another script is running and if so, then sleep for sometime and check again

Hi, I am a unix newbie. I need to write a script to check wheteher another script is still running. If it is, then sleep for 30m and then check again if the script is running. If the script has stopped running then, I need to come out of the loop. I am using RHEL 5.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

6. Linux

Cluster check

I am working on a Linux server and want to check the cluster status. I dont know how many server is in cluster and what is the command to check. could you please help me to get the cluster status? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to check if a filesystem is part of a cluster

Hello, - How do I know if a filesystem is part of a cluster? - Or do I have to check if the vg related to the fs is part of a cluster instead? if so, how do I check it? - I would also need to check if there are vxfs type inside aix machines and if there are, how do I know if that type of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldapsearch in monitoring script without bind password written in script

Hi I do a very simple monitoring of our OpenLDAP (runs in cronjob and generate alerts if unsuccessfull) $ ldapsearch -h hostname.domain -D "cn=monitor_user,ou=People,dc=organisation" -w "password" -b "dc=organisation" -x "(&(cn=monitor_user)(ou=People))" dn | grep -v version dn:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

9. High Performance Computing

How to check performance of your HPC cluster?

Hello Everybody, I have few queries : Do you have any idea how to check the performance of HPC cluster having mpich on top of centos 6.2? Are there any standard programs (like FFT, graphics rendering etc) to check the performance of mpi cluster with single node and multiple nodes? Can we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertspade
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies
test(1F)							   FMLI Commands							  test(1F)

NAME
test - condition evaluation command SYNOPSIS
test expression expression DESCRIPTION
test evaluates the expression expression and if its value is true, sets a 0 (TRUE) exit status; otherwise, a non-zero (FALSE) exit status is set; test also sets a non-zero exit status if there are no arguments. When permissions are tested, the effective user ID of the process is used. All operators, flags, and brackets (brackets used as shown in the second SYNOPSIS line) must be separate arguments to test. Normally these items are separated by spaces. USAGE
Primitives The following primitives are used to construct expression: -r filename True if filename exists and is readable. -w filename True if filename exists and is writable. -x filename True if filename exists and is executable. -f filename True if filename exists and is a regular file. -d filename True if filename exists and is a directory. -c filename True if filename exists and is a character special file. -b filename True if filename exists and is a block special file. -p filename True if filename exists and is a named pipe (FIFO). -u filename True if filename exists and its set-user-ID bit is set. -g filename True if filename exists and its set-group-ID bit is set. -k filename True if filename exists and its sticky bit is set. -s filename True if filename exists and has a size greater than 0. -t[fildes] True if the open file whose file descriptor number is fildes (1 by default) is associated with a terminal device. -z s1 True if the length of string s1 is 0. -n s1 True if the length of the string s1 is non-zero. s1 = s2 True if strings s1 and s2 are identical. s1 != s2 True if strings s1 and s2 are not identical. s1 True if s1 is not the null string. n1 -eq n2 True if the integers n1 and n2 are algebraically equal. Any of the comparisons -ne, -gt, -ge, -lt, and -le may be used in place of -eq. Operators These primaries may be combined with the following operators: ! Unary negation operator. -a Binary and operator. -o Binary or operator (-a has higher precedence than -o). `(expression)` Parentheses for grouping. Notice also that parentheses are meaningful to the shell and, therefore, must be quoted. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
find(1), sh(1), attributes(5) NOTES
If you test a file you own (the -r , -w , or -x tests), but the permission tested does not have the owner bit set, a non-zero (false) exit status will be returned even though the file may have the group or other bit set for that permission. The correct exit status will be set if you are super-user. The = and != operators have a higher precedence than the -r through -n operators, and = and != always expect arguments; therefore, = and != cannot be used with the -r through -n operators. If more than one argument follows the -r through -n operators, only the first argument is examined; the others are ignored, unless a -a or a -o is the second argument. SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 test(1F)