Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Special Char in Data file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Special Char in Data file Post 302387162 by TonyFullerMalv on Thursday 14th of January 2010 05:05:52 PM
Old 01-14-2010
Code:
$ od -bc <datafile>

Will show the contents of the file concerned in ASCII and Octal.

Thge run:
Code:
$ man ascii

To find out more about the character concerned.

The tr(1) command can delete or replace the offending character.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using egrep to search for Text and special char

Anyone is well-versed to use egrep to search a file for a line containing both: 1) AAA 2) $ I am having problem escaping the dollar sign when using egrep in conjunction with satisfying AAA as well. E.g. Text file Line 1 AAA Line 2 $$$ Line 3 AAA BBB $ Line 4 $$$ BBB AA will return me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special Char in Multiple Files

We develop a file in windows and move to unix box as a part of deployment. When we do this, we get ctrl-M(^M) character added to the file. So we need to remove ctrl-M(^M) character from all the files from deployment folder and all subfolders folder. Currently we move to individual folders and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinakarmani
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy/move to a file with a special character as the 1st char in the filename?

I am trying to create files with special characters in its filenames for testing purposes. This is on a Linux RHEL4 but this should also be applicable on a Unix shell. I am able to create files with special characters in the filenames...e.g. cp -pv foo.gif \*special.gif cp -pv foo.gif \... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing special char's with sed

Hi, I've a txt file which contains the following kind of listed data 18971 ./aosrp18.r 15340 ./aosrp12.r 22996 ./aosrp08.r 17125 ./aosrp06.r I'm trying to get rid of the ./ in the file and have tried the following with sed but I'm not getting the correct result... I'm not sure what way... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove special char from end of the file

Hi I am working on a bash script and would know how to use cut or sed to remove (F/.M/d h) from a text file. Before 1 text to save (F/.M/d h) after 1 text to save Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pelle
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about special char in script

I am reading the free book linux 101 hacks. The book show how to create a new command mkdircd, which create a new directory and then move you to the directory. so it just to add the following function (down) to the .bash_profile function mkdircd () { mkdir -p "$@" && eval cd "\"\$$#\""; }... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a special char

Hello, I have some data in output file.In that i need to split the special char "(" and ")" and store it. This is example of o/p file. (OHC12345) (OHC12415) (OHC12765) (OHC12545) I need like OHC12345 OHC12415 OHC12765 OHC12545 --Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
5 Replies

8. Programming

Special char in a buffer

Hello, Please ,how can verify, if a case of buffer contains a special char ? (in C) Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to remove a special char using sed

consider this is my sample file format. in this i want to remove ^@ with space . please help me in this problm 7305,1310184890,0,0,12,201370,FCASTBHBR0 ,XX ,2,1,2,0,^@,1,1,0,3,1303862400,0,1577923199,1,10,FCASTOR SEED EX-BHABHAR ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu-lnx
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search distinct special char in file

hi, i need to search distinct special character from a file which is a pipe delimited from a specific column for eg: input file.txt aa|bb|cc|$abc aa|bb|ccc|#abol bb|xss|ddd|$xyz nn|yyy|qqq|=qqqq abe|qqq|yyy|=aaa aaa|yyy|zzzz|#aaaa . . . my desired output $ (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
10 Replies
OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)													    OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)

oci_set_client_info - Sets the client information

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_client_info (resource $connection, string $client_info) DESCRIPTION
Sets the client information for Oracle tracing. The client information is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The client information can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $client_info - User chosen string up to 64 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the client information <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the client information oci_set_client_info($c, 'My Application Version 2'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the client // information: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select client_info from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)