Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What do you do for a living?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you do for a living? Post 302387161 by jgt on Thursday 14th of January 2010 05:03:45 PM
Old 01-14-2010
The poll needs a choice for all of the above.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Starting over, making a living with linux?

I really like to use linux, although I freely admit I don't know squat about it. I can install it, update it and get it to most of what I would like it to do, up to running some windows apps on it. I am going back so to school starting on the 25th, with a declared major of Information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com https://youtu.be/eTddtFa_Z_g We asked our users at UNIX.com what they do for a living, and this was their top three replies in 1080 HD video. Shout-outs to quotes in the video from forum members Akshay Hegde, geeky404, ni2 and joeyg. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
explain_poll_or_die(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    explain_poll_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_poll_or_die - wait for some event on file descriptor and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/poll.h> int explain_poll_or_die(struct pollfd *fds, int nfds, int timeout); int explain_poll_on_error(struct pollfd *fds, int nfds, int timeout); DESCRIPTION
The explain_poll_or_die function is used to call the poll(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from the explain_poll(3) function, and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). The explain_poll_on_error function is used to call the poll(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from the explain_poll(3) function, but still returns to the caller. fds The fds, exactly as to be passed to the poll(2) system call. nfds The nfds, exactly as to be passed to the poll(2) system call. timeout The timeout, exactly as to be passed to the poll(2) system call. RETURN VALUE
The explain_poll_or_die function only returns on success, see poll(2) for more information. On failure, prints an explanation and exits, it does not return. The explain_poll_on_error function always returns the value return by the wrapped poll(2) system call. EXAMPLE
The explain_poll_or_die function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: int result = explain_poll_or_die(fds, nfds, timeout); SEE ALSO
poll(2) wait for some event on a file descriptor explain_poll(3) explain poll(2) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2010 Peter Miller explain_poll_or_die(3)