Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: T5140 and zones
Operating Systems Solaris T5140 and zones Post 302387001 by bieszczaders on Thursday 14th of January 2010 08:47:50 AM
Old 01-14-2010
This link is great!
Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to get to a OK prompt on new SUN T5140

Hi, I have a brand new SUN T5140 machine. I am trying to install Solaris 10 on the box. When I go to the machine using a KVM session I can see a blank screen , how can I get to the OK prompt to start the installation. Thanks, Suresh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

3. Solaris

zones

Hi I need a help in creating a zones.I am trying to create zone in Sun fire T1000 server with single cpu / 8 gb Ram / 73 gb hdd.I am planning to install java based application on two different zones. iam planning to install solaris 10. Can some one suggest what is the best way to create two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Serial port on the T5140

What is the serial port on the T5140 used for. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgsanders
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Bind hang up when process is reaching to 500 Mb, Solaris 10u8, Sun T5140

Hi all, I use latest bind 9.6.1, brand-new T5140 Sun Server, 10u8 Solaris OS, Mar-2010 OS patch to configure a caching dns server. But bind always hang up when process/cache is reaching to 500 Mb ( Though 'prstat -a' check ) Can anyone help me a solution for this problem, i will greatly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Suggestions for new T5140

I've been busy and fell behind on Sun/Oracle. Forgive me if too basic. I welcome brief, cryptic, or advanced replies. I also welcome noobie information since I may have no clue what's up at the moment. Problem statement: I inherited a computer to set up. I would rather not figure out 8 months... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nevyn
1 Replies

7. Solaris

T5140 CPU Speed is 1200 Mhz or 1165 Mhz?

Hi bros, CPU speed of Sun Sparc Enterprise T5140 in data sheet is 1200 Mhz. Why it shows in "prtdiag -v" command each thread just has speed at 1165 Mhz. Thank you, tien86 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Reducing threads on T5140

Hi All, We have a T5140 server which has 128 threads in total. Is it possible to reduce the number of threads per core through some configuration changes? I am sorry for being so naive but I am one on this. Why would I like to do this? Unfortunately we have this for an Oracle Database Server... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: VENKITACHALAMS8
6 Replies

9. Solaris

This must be the dumbest question ever posted -T5140 power button

I have a T5140 and cannot find the power switch -is there an on/off button? Good grief ! Thank you in advance. joe (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
3 Replies
SHOREWALL6-NESTING(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					     SHOREWALL6-NESTING(5)

NAME
nesting - shorewall6 Nested Zones SYNOPSIS
child-zone[:parent-zone[,parent-zone]...] DESCRIPTION
In shorewall6-zones[1](5), a zone may be declared to be a sub-zone of one or more other zones using the above syntax. The child-zone may be neither the firewall zone nor a vserver zone. The firewall zone may not appear as a parent zone, although all vserver zones are handled as sub-zones of the firewall zone. Where zones are nested, the CONTINUE policy in shorewall6-policy[2](5) allows hosts that are within multiple zones to be managed under the rules of all of these zones. EXAMPLE
/etc/shorewall6/zones: #ZONE TYPE OPTION fw firewall net ipv6 sam:net ipv6 loc ipv6 /etc/shorewall6/interfaces: #ZONE INTERFACE BROADCAST OPTIONS - eth0 detect blacklist loc eth1 detect /etc/shorewall6/hosts: #ZONE HOST(S) OPTIONS net eth0:[::] sam eth0:[2001:19f0:feee::dead:beef:cafe] /etc/shorewall6/policy: #SOURCE DEST POLICY LOG LEVEL loc net ACCEPT sam all CONTINUE net all DROP info all all REJECT info The second entry above says that when Sam is the client, connection requests should first be processed under rules where the source zone is sam and if there is no match then the connection request should be treated under rules where the source zone is net. It is important that this policy be listed BEFORE the next policy (net to all). You can have this policy generated for you automatically by using the IMPLICIT_CONTINUE option in shorewall6.conf[3](5). Partial /etc/shorewall6/rules: #ACTION SOURCE DEST PROTO DEST PORT(S) ... ACCEPT sam loc:2001:19f0:feee::3 tcp ssh ACCEPT net loc:2001:19f0:feee::5 tcp www ... Given these two rules, Sam can connect with ssh to 2001:19f0:feee::3. Like all hosts in the net zone, Sam can connect to TCP port 80 on 2001:19f0:feee::5. The order of the rules is not significant. FILES
/etc/shorewall6/zones /etc/shorewall6/interfaces /etc/shorewall6/hosts /etc/shorewall6/policy /etc/shorewall6/rules SEE ALSO
shorewall6(8), shorewall6-accounting(5), shorewall6-actions(5), shorewall6-blacklist(5), shorewall6-hosts(5), shorewall6-interfaces(5), shorewall6-maclist(5), shoewall6-netmap(5),shorewall6-params(5), shorewall6-policy(5), shorewall6-providers(5), shorewall6-rtrules(5), shorewall6-routestopped(5), shorewall6-rules(5), shorewall6.conf(5), shorewall6-secmarks(5), shorewall6-tcclasses(5), shorewall6-tcdevices(5), shorewall6-tcrules(5), shorewall6-tos(5), shorewall6-tunnels(5), shorewall6-zones(5) NOTES
1. shorewall6-zones http://www.shorewall.net/manpages6/shorewall-zones.html 2. shorewall6-policy http://www.shorewall.net/manpages6/shorewall6-policy.html 3. shorewall6.conf http://www.shorewall.net/manpages6/shorewall6.conf.html [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL6-NESTING(5)