Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to split files based on number of lines Post 302386961 by xoops on Thursday 14th of January 2010 06:24:15 AM
Old 01-14-2010
You can set prefix with
Code:
split [OPTION] [INPUT [PREFIX]]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split based on the number of characters

Hello, if i have file like this: 010000890306932455804 05306977653873 0520080417010520ISMS SMT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOC30693599000 30971360000 ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ202011302942311 010000890306946317387 05306977313623 0520080417010520ISMS SMT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File Based on Line Number Pattern

Hello all. Sorry, I know this question is similar to many others, but I just can seem to put together exactly what I need. My file is tab delimitted and contains approximately 1 million rows. I would like to send lines 1,4,& 7 to a file. Lines 2, 5, & 8 to a second file. Lines 3, 6, & 9 to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankster
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split single file into multiple files based on the number in the column

Dear All, I would like to split a file of the following format into multiple files based on the number in the 6th column (numbers 1, 2, 3...): ATOM 1 N GLY A 1 -3.198 27.537 -5.958 1.00 0.00 N ATOM 2 CA GLY A 1 -2.199 28.399 -6.617 1.00 0.00 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomasl
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a csv file into specified number of files (not lines)

hi, i really need it ...it's not simple to explain but as it's part of a crontab i can't split the file manually...and the file can change every day so the lines are not a good base. example: how to split 1 csv file in 15 files? thank you very much regards :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7stars
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to split the files based on the number of lines in it

Hello Friends, Can anyone help me for the below requirement. I am having a file called Input.txt. My requirement is first check the count that is wc -l input.txt If the result of the wc -l Input.txt is less than 10 then don't split the Input.txt file. Where as if Input.txt >= 10 the split... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaya kumar
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to split file into multiple files based on many columns

So I have a space delimited file that I'd like to split into multiple files based on multiple column values. This is what my data looks like 1bc9A02 1 10 1000 FTDLNLVQALRQFLWSFRLPGEAQKIDRMMEAFAQRYCQCNNGVFQSTDTCYVLSFAIIMLNTSLHNPNVKDKPTVERFIAMNRGINDGGDLPEELLRNLYESIKNEPFKIPELEHHHHHH 1ku1A02 1 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: viored
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file based on pattern line number?

Hi i have requirement like below M <form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM i want split file based on line number by finding... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split file based on number of blank lines

Hello All , I have a file which needs to split based on the blank lines Name ABC Address London Age 32 (4 blank new line) Name DEF Address London Age 30 (4 blank new line) Name DEF Address London (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File based on number of rows

Hi I have a requirement, where i will receive multiple files in a folder (say: /fol1/fol2/). There will be at least 14 to 16 files. The size of the files will different, some may be 80GB or 90GB, some may be less than 5 GB (and the size of the files are very unpredictable). But the names of the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpk_ds
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split file into multiple files based on empty lines

I am using below code to split files based on blank lines but it does not work. awk 'BEGIN{i=0}{RS="";}{x="F"++i;}{print > x;}' Your help would be highly appreciated find attachment of sample.txt file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imranrasheedamu
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)