Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Makefile for more than 1 executable program Post 302386934 by bashuser2 on Thursday 14th of January 2010 05:38:56 AM
Old 01-14-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
Assuming you're using GNU make:
Code:
SRC=blah1.c blah2.c blah3.c
HDR=$(SRC:.c=.h)
OBJ=$(SRC:.c=.o)

PROG=$(SRC:.c=)

all: $(PROG)

$(PROG): $(OBJ)
        gcc -Wall -ggdb -o $@ $@.o

.c.o: $(SRC) $(HDR)
        gcc -Wall -ggdb -c $<

clean:
        rm -f $(PROG) $(OBJ)

Adjust the compile options as needed.
can you explain that?what changes i need to do in your example above in order to make it work properly?sorry for asking again,but i just began using makefiles.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

launch an executable from a C++ program

Hi everybody! Could you please tell me how can I launch an executable from a C++ (on unix) program? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
2 Replies

2. Programming

problem in creating executable for a client program

Hi, I am trying to run simple client server c program in unix.At the compling stage server is creating an executable but the client is not. below is the link to the source codes: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/courses/sysprog/sockets/server.c http://www.cs.rpi.edu/courses/sysprog/sockets/client.c ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konas
2 Replies

3. Programming

Client and Server program gen by Makefile

I created a "ebanking.x" file and run it as " rpcgen -a ebaning.x" It gen a few of files to me which is - "ebanking.h", "ebanking_server.c", "ebanking_svc.c", "ebanking_client.c", "ebanking_clnt.c", "ebanking_xdr.c" and "Makefile" The content of "ebanking.x" : struct bankargs { ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wongalan48
0 Replies

4. Programming

Makefile compilation Error -Unable to create executable

Hi , While trying to compile a PRO*C code on unix using makefile i get the following errors. i am now working on a 10g migration (from 8i) ... these makefile perfectly work in previous version. ld: fatal: file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivalives
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

6. Programming

how to call c executable inside c program??

hi guys i have only basic knowledge of c so guys plz help me ..... i want 2 call c executable which requires file name as argument and i need to modify file contents before calling that executable now my question is how can i call this c executable inside another c program with arguments ?? i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
9 Replies

7. Programming

Call a C programming executable inside a C program

hi guys i have only basic knowledge of C so guys plz help me ..... is C language support call the C executable inside the C ?? example contect mainA.c have a many function define in the struct,when i compile mainA and make a executable the name is ( A ),can i use executable C inside the C... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: isnoname
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To see if a program exist and is executable

Hi, I am making a program that needs to detect if the program name in parameter is a valid runable program. But the line if ; then never seem to work. Even if I run like: ./script cat "-u" cat "-u" inputfile Thank you everyone. #!/bin/bash # usage() { #print usage message and quit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leonmerc
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

10. AIX

Error when run makefile to compile C program

I have a make file for C program, which always gives the error ld: 0711-738 ERROR: Input file ../src/file_name.o XCOFF32 object files are not allowed in 64 mode Does anybody know the problem? Thanks for contribution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
Makefile::AST(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Makefile::AST(3pm)

NAME
Makefile::AST - AST for (GNU) makefiles DESCRIPTION
The structure of this (GNU) makefile AST is designed based on GNU make's data base listing output produced by "--print-data-base". This AST library provides the following classes: Makefile::AST The primary class for ASTs. Provides interface for node adding and querying, such as "add_implicit_rule", "apply_implicit_rules", "add_explicit_rule", "apply_explicit_rules", "add_var", "add_auto_var", "get_var", as well as lots of other utility functions, like method "eval_var_value" for computing the ultimate values of makefile variables, method "enter_pad" and "leave_pad" for local variable's scoping pad. Makefile::AST::Rule::Base This is the base class for the rule nodes in the AST. It has properties like "normal_prereqs", "order_prereqs", "commands", and "colon". Makefile::AST::Rule This class represents the de-sugared form of simple rules and implicite rules after application. It inherits from Makefile::AST::Rule::Base, and adds new properties "target" and "other_targets". Makefile::AST::Rule::Implicit This class represents the implicit rule nodes in the AST. It inherits from Makefile::AST::Rule::Base, and adds new properties "targets", "match_anything", and "is_terminal". Makefile::AST::StemMatch This class encapsulates the file pattern matching (file names containing "%") and stem substitution algorithms. Makefile::AST::Variable It represents the makefile variable nodes in the AST, including "name", "value", "flavor", and "origin". Makefile::AST::Command Used to encapsulate information regarding makefile rule commands (e.g. command body, command modifiers "@", "-", "+", and etc.) as a whole. LIMITATIONS AND TODO
Adding support for other flavors' makes into this AST library should make a huge amount of sense. The most interesting candiate is Microsoft's NMAKE. CODE REPOSITORY
For the very latest version of this script, check out the source from http://github.com/agentzh/makefile-parser-pm <http://github.com/agentzh/makefile-parser-pm>. There is anonymous access to all. AUTHOR
Zhang "agentzh" Yichun "<agentzh@gmail.com>" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2007-2008 by Zhang "agentzh" Yichun (agentzh). This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Makefile::AST::Evaluator, Makefile::Parser::GmakeDB, makesimple, pgmake-db, Makefile::DOM. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-17 Makefile::AST(3pm)