Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Oracle - How to manage listener log files Post 302386890 by yhcheong on Thursday 14th of January 2010 03:10:30 AM
Old 01-14-2010
Error Oracle - How to manage listener log files

Dear expert,

I'm newbie in oracle, I have a problem regarding the listener log files under alert directory and trace directory(please refer to below). As the oracle hard disk size only 10GB, I have to manually delete the log files under alert directory and trace directory.

Is that anyway for oracle to auto compress the log files and only keep for 5days and it will be automatically deleted? Please advice !!! your help is much appreciate!!!
THanks!

oracle@OLP:/oracle/app/diag/tnslsnr/OLP/listener/alert>
oracle@OLP:/oracle/app/diag/tnslsnr/OLP/listener/trace>

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to manage the .nfs files generated by the system

I'm running a UNIX application on HP-UX which generated logs files every few seconds. Now at times these log files are replicated as .nfs files and sometimes cannot be deleted. Now it reaches a point that i'm not even able to list any files on the logs directory. Normally i restart that server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Test if Oracle listener is running

Hi All , I am new to shall scripting, i want write an script for oracle tns and listener. If tns working i want o/p as "Listener and TNS are working" else o/p should be ""Listener and TNS are not Working" below is the command in unix to check the tns status, if no output it means TNS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul bari
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Oracle Listener Error on Red hat 5

Hello everybody, the reason why im posting this thread is because i've installed an oracle test database on RHEL 5, on a localhost (Since it is for test)... the thing is, after i have installed the DB it works just fine, but after i re start it, i get the following errors when i want to go into the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
5 Replies

6. AIX

SIGHUP killing Oracle Listener Process

I have a cold backup script which backs up my database and then restarts the oracle listener and database at around 01:30 I can see at this time that my database and listener are indeed running. However at around 02:17 my listener process receives a SIGHUP 1 signal from the AIX OS ( version 5.3 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies

7. AIX

Oracle Listener gets killed when root session is closed

Hi everyone, This is a strange thing, sometimes when I type > exit from root session, i get a message > There are processes running after this message is displayed the oracle listener dies out and have to startup the listener again. but this doesn't have always. Where should I start to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD