Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Is GFS 6.2 same as GFS 2 file system? Post 302386875 by praveen_b744 on Thursday 14th of January 2010 01:42:40 AM
Old 01-14-2010
Is GFS 6.2 same as GFS 2 file system?

Hi,

I have a bit knowledge of GFS. As per my understanding it is the file system used in the cluster environment.

I have a question. Is GFS 6.2 same as GFS 2 files system?
Please some one clear my confusion.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

2. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file whick is consuming larger disk space in file system

Hello, Can anybody please tell me the command to find out the filesystem or a file which is consuming larger disk space sing i want to find out the file and want to compress it please help me out any help would be appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshpashine
6 Replies

4. Solaris

why we need to mount file system other than / file system

Hi, I am new to solaris OS.I have a small question,it might be silly question or good question. My Question is Solaris is following hierarchy type of file structure,means all files are under the root file system.so Once we mount the root file system all sub folders of / ( /usr, /var ,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

5. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

6. Solaris

"file system is full up to 90% how can i set the file system to 60%"

hi every one "plz any one can give solution to my problem" my problem is my filesystem is full in os level i have to decrease it to 60% how can i? plz help me Thank you for your response (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivajerripothul
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

GFS file system performance is very slow

My code Hi All, I am having redhat linux 5.3 (Tikanga) with GFS file system and its very very slow for executing ls -ls command also.Please see the below for 2minits 12 second takes. Please help me to fix the issue. $ sudo time ls -la BadFiles |wc -l 0.01user 0.26system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

how to mount a file system from a solaris server into an hp-ux system

Hi all I wonder if its possible to mount on a hp-ux server a file system that was previously mounted on a solaris 10 server. The LUN is on NetApp stoarge. The problem on hp-ux I cannot do pvcreate on the lun (disk) because contains data. Any help will be appreciated FR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

10. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
GFS_CONTROLD(8)                                                       cluster                                                      GFS_CONTROLD(8)

NAME
gfs_controld - daemon that coordinates gfs mounts and recovery SYNOPSIS
gfs_controld [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
GFS lives in the kernel, and the cluster infrastructure (corosync membership and group management) lives in user space. GFS in the kernel needs to adjust/recover for certain cluster events. It's the job of gfs_controld to receive these events and reconfigure gfs as needed. gfs_controld controls and configures gfs through sysfs files that are considered gfs-internal interfaces. Mounting and node failure are the main cluster events that gfs_controld controls. It also manages the assignment of journals to different nodes. mount.gfs2(8) communicates with gfs_controld to join the mount group and receive the necessary options for the kernel mount. The cman init script usually starts the gfs_controld daemon. OPTIONS
Command line options override a corresponding setting in cluster.conf. -D Enable debugging to stderr and don't fork. See also gfs_control dump in gfs_control(8). -L Enable debugging to log file. See also logging in cluster.conf(5). -g num groupd compatibility mode, 0 off, 1 on. Default 0. -w num Enable (1) or disable (0) withdraw. Default 1. -h Print a help message describing available options, then exit. -V Print program version information, then exit. Cluster Upgrading When performing a rolling upgrade from cluster2 to cluster3, the gfs_controld daemon runs in cluster2 compatibility mode and processes posix lock (plock) requests from the dlm to remain compatible with cluster2 nodes. Otherwise, dlm_controld(8) handles plocks. -p num Enable (1) or disable (0) plock code for cluster fs. Default 1. -l num Limit the rate of plock operations, 0 for no limit. Default 0. -o num Enable (1) or disable (0) plock ownership. Default 1. -t ms Plock ownership drop resources time (milliseconds). Default 10000. -c num Plock ownership drop resources count. Default 10. -a ms Plock ownership drop resources age (milliseconds). Default 10000. -P Enable plock debugging messages (can produce excessive output). FILES
cluster.conf(5) is usually located at /etc/cluster/cluster.conf. It is not read directly. Other cluster components load the contents into memory, and the values are accessed through the libccs library. Configuration options are added to the <gfs_controld /> section of cluster.conf, within the top level <cluster> section. enable_withdraw Set to 1/0 to enable/disable a response to a withdraw. <gfs_controld enable_withdraw="1"/> Cluster Upgrading See note above about compatibility plock handling during a rolling upgrade. The following options are deprecated, see dlm_controld(8) for the new equivalent options. enable_plock See command line description. <gfs_controld enable_plock="1"/> plock_rate_limit See command line description. <gfs_controld plock_rate_limit="0"/> plock_ownership See command line description. <gfs_controld plock_ownership="1"/> drop_resources_time See command line description. <gfs_controld drop_resources_time="10000"/> drop_resources_count See command line description. <gfs_controld drop_resources_count="10"/> drop_resources_age See command line description. <gfs_controld drop_resources_age="10000"/> plock_debug Enable (1) or disable (0) plock debugging messages (can produce excessive output). Default 0. <gfs_controld plock_debug="0"/> SEE ALSO
mount.gfs2(8), gfs_control(8), dlm_controld(8), cman(5), cluster.conf(5) cluster 2009-01-19 GFS_CONTROLD(8)