Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in running two processes in parellel Post 302386762 by ss3944 on Wednesday 13th of January 2010 12:29:28 PM
Old 01-13-2010
Thanks jim mcnamara for your prompt reply..

Can u please explain it to me how it works and what is # mywrapper.shl ?

Is it because they are being run in the back ground that they run in parellel?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

running processes with no hang up

Can we run a script in nohup which calls another script in nohup. eg Script1.sh #Script1 start nohup script2.sh . . . #end script1.sh Now can I do this nohup script1.sh Also is all scheduled processes (crontab entries) will run as nohup? Would appreciate if any one can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakyaj
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitoring running processes

I have a script that runs continuously and will deliver a file to multiple servers via scp. On occasions one of the scp's will hang and as a result not complete in sending the remaining files and not loop around again. If I run the scp commands with a & they'll complete, but I want to make sure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

identifying running processes

how to identify the processes running by giving the parent process id (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with running processes script

I'm doing a script with the Shell. I need that it only show the number of running processes. Ex: echo "There are `command` running processes" Thnx! Pd: Sorry the idiom. I'm spanish. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikebana
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with running processes script

I'm doing a script with the Shell. I need that it only show the number of running processes. Ex: echo "There are `command` running processes" Thnx! Pd: Sorry the idiom. I'm spanish. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikebana
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know the running processes.

Hi can anybody help me regarding this.. i want know the output of ps -ef with explanation. how can we know the running processess. this is the output of ps -elf F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 19 T root 0 0 0 0 SY ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Running processes on GZ/LZ

Hi guys just a question is it normal to see running process on a non-global zone in the global zone... processes such as cron. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
3 Replies

8. Linux

Running processes

Hi guys is it normal to have 5-10 cron/syslog processes running... in my case i got 10 cron process running. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Sendmail processes not running

Hi All! I am trying to get sendmail to work but unsuccessfull...when I run ps -ef | grep sendmail root 10578 10561 0 11:01:24 pts/1 0:00 grep sendmail I do not see its processes When I run the following commands: bash-3.00# svcs sendmail svcs: Pattern 'sendmail' doesn't match... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Running Processes

I want to check how many processes are running with same names and get their respective counts. ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort -u | awk '{print $2": "$1}' Output would look like : $ ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort | uniq -c | awk '{print $2":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
8 Replies
CREATE FOREIGN DATA 
WRAPPER(7) SQL Commands CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER(7) NAME
CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER - define a new foreign-data wrapper SYNOPSIS
CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER name [ VALIDATOR valfunction | NO VALIDATOR ] [ OPTIONS ( option 'value' [, ... ] ) ] DESCRIPTION
CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER creates a new foreign-data wrapper. The user who defines a foreign-data wrapper becomes its owner. The foreign-data wrapper name must be unique within the database. Only superusers can create foreign-data wrappers. PARAMETERS
name The name of the foreign-data wrapper to be created. VALIDATOR valfunction valfunction is the name of a previously registered function that will be called to check the generic options given to the foreign- data wrapper, as well as to foreign servers and user mappings using the foreign-data wrapper. If no validator function or NO VALIDA- TOR is specified, then options will not be checked at creation time. (Foreign-data wrappers will possibly ignore or reject invalid option specifications at run time, depending on the implementation.) The validator function must take two arguments: one of type text[], which will contain the array of options as stored in the system catalogs, and one of type oid, which will be the OID of the system catalog containing the options. The return type is ignored; the function should indicate invalid options using the ereport() function. OPTIONS ( option 'value' [, ... ] ) This clause specifies options for the new foreign-data wrapper. The allowed option names and values are specific to each foreign data wrapper and are validated using the foreign-data wrapper library. Option names must be unique. NOTES
At the moment, the foreign-data wrapper functionality is very rudimentary. The purpose of foreign-data wrappers, foreign servers, and user mappings is to store this information in a standard way so that it can be queried by interested applications. One such application is dblink; see in the documentation. The functionality to actually query external data through a foreign-data wrapper library does not exist yet. There is currently one foreign-data wrapper validator function provided: postgresql_fdw_validator, which accepts options corresponding to libpq connection parameters. EXAMPLES
Create a foreign-data wrapper dummy: CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER dummy; Create a foreign-data wrapper postgresql with validator function postgresql_fdw_validator: CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER postgresql VALIDATOR postgresql_fdw_validator; Create a foreign-data wrapper mywrapper with some options: CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER mywrapper OPTIONS (debug 'true'); COMPATIBILITY
CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER conforms to ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED), with the exception that the VALIDATOR clause is an extension and the clauses LIBRARY and LANGUAGE are not yet implemented in PostgreSQL. Note, however, that the SQL/MED functionality as a whole is not yet conforming. SEE ALSO
ALTER FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [alter_foreign_data_wrapper(7)], DROP FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [drop_foreign_data_wrapper(7)], CREATE SERVER [cre- ate_server(7)], CREATE USER MAPPING [create_user_mapping(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER(7)