Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass a variable to SQL script Post 302386655 by temhem on Wednesday 13th of January 2010 05:04:32 AM
Old 01-13-2010
hi friend,

try this,

var=200903

sqlplus -s test.sql $var

and select * from db2.users where quarter = &1 ;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass multiple variables to SQL script

I am trying to close of multiple users in an Oracle database. Each users has records in multiple tables what I need to do is use a script that call each SQL seperately passing either CLI arguments or gathered arguments from the users during run time. ## Accept variable(s) from the command line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass pl/sql table values to shell script

Hello, i am using '#!/bin/bash', i want to make a loop in pl/sql, this loop takes values from a table according to some conditions, each time the loop choose 3 different variables. What i am not able to do is that during the loop i want my shell script to read this 3 variables and run a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass enviroment variable from csh to Informix sql script

Hello, I have a csh script that creates an environment variable. I want to pass the environment variable(CURR_TABLE_DATE) to an Informix sql script. Here is the csh: #!/bin/csh -f setenv INFORMIXSERVER market3_tcp setenv CURR_TABLE_DATE 20090714 set DATABASE = gm_cdr set SQL_DIR =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwoj
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass variable to sql

Please help. I got these error. I'm try to pass variable extract from data-file.txt to sql file(select.sql). cat: cannot open select cat: cannot open * cat: cannot open from cat: cannot open user cat: cannot open where cat: cannot open name=$list; #!/bin/bash list=`sed q... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass a variable to an update sql statement inside a loop

hi all, i am experiencing an error which i think an incorrect syntax for the where clause passing a variable was given. under is my code. sqlplus -s ${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${SID} << END1 >> $LOGFILE whenever sqlerror exit set serveroutput on size 1000000 declare l_rc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to use parameter in sql script pass from unix script?

Hi, I am unable to use parameter in sql script passed from unix script. my sql script CREATE_SBI_LIST_GROUP.sql is like this - ------------------------------- SELECT SDS.ID "SO_ID", SDS.SO a1, sgp.sga__code SGA_CODE, FROM sga sga,sales_genl_provision sgp , comm_product_condn cpc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apskaushik
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a shellscript variable to a sql file?

Hi, i wan't to pass a shellscript variable to a sql file. a.sql select $field from dual; the way i am calling this is through sqlplus field_name="sysdate" sqlplus -s username/password@hostname:port/servicename <<EOF @a.sql $field_name EOF (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To pass one month range in sql script

Hi Guys, i am having .sql script which inserts data from one table to another table based on date condition, i need to pass range on based on how many number of months, for e.g set timing on; whenever sqlerror exit failure; spool myscript.log append accept start_date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
7 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] crontab [-elr] DESCRIPTION
crontab is the program used to install, deinstall, or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in ISC Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var/cron, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the /var/cron/allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /var/cron/allow file does not exist but the /var/cron/deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /var/cron/deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, depending on the compiled in settings, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or everyone will be allowed to use this command. On NetBSD everyone is allowed to use this command. The default maximum size for a crontab is 256 kilobytes, but this may be changed for all users on the system by putting the desired maximum size (in bytes) in the /var/cron/maxtabsize file. If the -u option is given, it specifies the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename ``-'' is given. The -l option causes the current crontab to be displayed on standard output. The -r option causes the current crontab to be removed. The -e option is used to edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/var/cron/allow Optional list of users that are allowed to use crontab. /var/cron/deny Optional list of users that are disallowed to use crontab. /var/cron/maxtabsize Maximum size of crontab files. Defaults to 256 kilobytes. /var/cron/tabs/ Directory containing the individual user crontab files, named after the user. DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). This new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic Version 3 AT&T UNIX syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> BSD
May 6, 2010 BSD