Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Configuring DNS MX record
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Configuring DNS MX record Post 302386606 by anaigini45 on Wednesday 13th of January 2010 12:12:23 AM
Old 01-13-2010
Configuring DNS MX record

I now know that I have to configure dns mx to actually be able to send email correctly to my mail.
I have the link(user guide) on how to do this :

Code:
http://bobcares.com/blog/?p=29

but where do I configure it? Is there a specific file for the configuration? I really don't understand this part.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

configuring DNS

what are the files needed for the installation of a dns server on linux (redhat 7x)? what service does it run and where are the files & services located? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lealyz
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

configuring dns and dhcp

hello i am running my sipx server in 192.168.2.14 i would like to configure domain name and host name for this ..... can anyone tell me how to configure dns server and dhcp server so that any body both outside and inside the lan could access the sipx server by their host.domain.com name (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudeepiit
1 Replies

3. Linux

Configuring dns in local domain

Hi everybody, for revolving local host name of my network, I set up an dns server to solve my problem, but til now, nothing happen when I ping a hostname, but work on IP. Can you help me to correct the configuration. Here is all my settings: Voici mes fichiers de configuration: -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beloge2002
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

DNS does all slave Name Server must be in the zone Resource Record file?

Hy guys, I've a problem configuring my Name Server (using bind 9) which is I'ts always necessary to put all slave Name Server for a zone in the zone resource record file or db (as you prefer)? I've this scenario: A - my domain which is son of some TLD and I delegated into two new domains B... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

DNS A-Record point to another DNS

Hi, I have a question on how to point the DNS server-1's A-record to second DNS server, which is DNS server-2. So, the computer can access other domain which only listed in the DNS server-2. The scenario is as follow: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6333/12234.png How to configure this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Create a new internal DNS CNAME record

I need to create a new internal DNS CNAME record called "project.omc.eod" that points to a server called SPARC27.ds.eod. This is my first time doing this and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikeade
10 Replies

7. IP Networking

Configuring DNS Server in Linux Redhat

Can someone help with a detail step-by-step oh how to configure DNS server on Linux Server. - I need to have 3 IP addresses map to a single hostname. for clients I'm a Linux rookie. Thanks Oscar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrankOscar
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

[Solved: Missing A Record] DNS issue

Hi, I have recently built a new DNS server and created a new zone. I use an ESMTP server to handle mail and the new domain has been added to this. I can send mail to gmail and other domain addresses but unable to send it to one particular domain. (DSN:Service Unavailable) DNS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring DNS

Hi guys, I had Cpanel VPS hosting and switched to non managed VPS hosting. My nameservers are configured as follows ns1.mobz.ca 69.175.76.110 ns2.mobz.ca 69.175.76.111 Before switching my domain worked perfectly. Like webprofessionalsconnect.com with those settings worked. With new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vahankh
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to update DNS record in Solaris 5.10?

Hi I have a DNS server running on Solaris 5.10, I need to update ip address of two urls defined on our dns server how do i do that? and do i need to restart dns/named service after? how do i restart the service? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arocker
4 Replies
XDG-EMAIL(1)															      XDG-EMAIL(1)

NAME
xdg-email - command line tool for sending mail using the user's preferred e-mail composer SYNOPSIS
xdg-email [--utf8] [--cc address] [--bcc address] [--subject text] [--body text] [--attach file] [mailto-uri address(es)] xdg-email {--help --manual --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-email opens the user's preferred e-mail composer in order to send a mail to address(es) or mailto-uri. RFC2368 defines mailto: URIs. xdg-email limits support to, cc, subject and body fields in mailto-uri, all other fields are silently ignored. address(es) must follow the syntax of RFC822. Multiple addresses may be provided as separate arguments. All information provided on the command line is used to prefill corresponding fields in the user's e-mail composer. The user will have the opportunity to change any of this information before actually sending the e-mail. xdg-email is for use inside a desktop session only. It is not recommended to use xdg-email as root. See http://portland.freedesktop.org/EmailConfig for information on how the user can change the e-mail composer that is used. OPTIONS
--utf8 Indicates that all command line options that follow are in utf8. Without this option, command line options are expected to be encoded according to locale. If the locale already specifies utf8 this option has no effect. This option does not affect mailto URIs that are passed on the command line. --cc address Specify a recipient to be copied on the e-mail. --bcc address Specify a recipient to be blindly copied on the e-mail. --subject text Specify a subject for the e-mail. --body text Specify a body for the e-mail. Since the user will be able to make changes before actually sending the e-mail, this can be used to provide the user with a template for the e-mail. text may contain linebreaks. --attach file Specify an attachment for the e-mail. file must point to an existing file. Some e-mail applications require the file to remain present after xdg-email returns. --help Show command synopsis. --manual Show this manualpage. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
xdg-email honours the following environment variables: XDG_UTILS_DEBUG_LEVEL Setting this environment variable to a non-zero numerical value makes xdg-email do more verbose reporting on stderr. Setting a higher value increases the verbosity. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. 5 No permission to read one of the files passed on the command line. CONFIGURATION
Visit http://portland.freedesktop.org/EmailConfig for information how to configure xdg-email to use the email client of your choice. EXAMPLES
xdg-email 'Jeremy White <jwhite@example.com>' xdg-email --attach /tmp/logo.png --subject 'Logo contest' --body 'Attached you find the logo for the contest.' 'jwhite@example.com' xdg-email --subject 'Your password is about to expire' 'jwhite@example.com' 'bastian@example.com' 'whipple@example.com' AUTHOR
Kevin Krammer, Jeremy White. <kevin.krammer@gmx.at> <jwhite@codeweavers.com> xdg-utils 1.0 06/24/2007 XDG-EMAIL(1)