Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rule # 8
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Rule # 8 Post 302386236 by bluegospel on Monday 11th of January 2010 11:10:02 PM
Old 01-12-2010
Rule # 8

In light of this board's rule stating "no BSD vs. Linux vs. Windows or similar threads," is the following post legal (can I post it)?

Hi. I'm thinking about obtaining a web server for business purposes and I want to learn to administer and maintain the server myself. I need to be able to use perl and cgi in an environment with ssl/tls security for my own and my clients' websites. I need room to experiment with such protocols as tcp/ip and http, and of course ssl. I'm looking for recommendations as to what kind of server operating system to use in light of these needs-I'm thinking of running Apache as my web server and unix/lenix as my operating system but there's such a whirlwind of OS versions out there, I don't know where to start. Any advice will be appreciated.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

procmail rule

I can tell this is not a recently active formum, but here goes, "why doesn't this procmail rule block messages with víagra or v1agra appearing in the subject header :0 * ^Subject:.*(víagra¦v1agra¦pénis¦prescripti0n¦Medicati0n¦M0rtgage¦Xanaxz) { LOG="(THE 7 DIRTY WORDS) " :0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jones
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Rule of the thumb for swap?

Hi, The general rule of thumb for assigning swap is double the RAM of the server, however, there are servers with 16GB or 32GB of RAM. Are we suppose to put aside 32GB and 64GB of swap respectively. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
4 Replies

3. Linux

IPtable rule help need

Hi, I need to configure iptable such that whatever request comes to 192.168.0.4 needs to forwarded to 192.168.0.50 and only port 80 and 443 needs to be forwarded others need to be blocked.... Thanks gr8 forum:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iron_michael86
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Need help with rewrite rule

Hi, I hosted my site on Apache web server. I wanted to redirect all the users request to a HTML page(maintenance page). I used the below rewrite rule to do ths same. RewriteEngine on RewriteRule .* /maintenance.html The maintenance.html page contains an image. When ever I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSrikanthB
2 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Perl(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 File::Find::Rule::Perl(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Perl - Common rules for searching for Perl things SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule (); use File::Find::Rule::Perl (); # Find all Perl files smaller than 10k my @files = File::Find::Rule->perl_file ->size('<10Ki') ->in('dir'); # Locate all the modules that PAUSE will index my @mod = File::Find::Rule->no_index ->perl_module ->in('My-Distribution'); DESCRIPTION
I write a lot of things that muck with Perl files. And it always annoyed me that finding "perl files" requires a moderately complex File::Find::Rule pattern. File::Find::Rule::Perl provides methods for finding various types Perl-related files, or replicating search queries run on a distribution in various parts of the CPAN ecosystem. METHODS
perl_module The "perl_module" rule locates perl modules. That is, files that are named "*.pm". This rule is equivalent to "->"file->name( '*.pm' )> and is included primarily for completeness. perl_test The "perl_test" rule locates perl test scripts. That is, files that are named "*.t". This rule is equivalent to "->"file->name( '*.t' )> and is included primarily for completeness. perl_installer The "perl_installer" rule locates perl distribution installers. That is, it locates "Makefile.PL" and "Build.PL" files. perl_script The "perl_script" rule locates perl scripts. This is any file that ends in .pl, or any files without extensions that have a perl "hash-bang" line. perl_file The "perl_file" rule locates all files containing Perl code. This includes all the files matching the above "perl_module", "perl_test", "perl_installer" and "perl_script" rules. no_index # Provide the rules directly $rule->no_index( directory => [ 'inc', 't', 'examples' ], file => [ 'Foo.pm', 'lib/Foo.pm' ], ); # Provide a META.yml to use $rule->no_index( 'META.yml' ); # Provide a dist root directory to look for a META.yml in $rule->no_index( 'My-Distribution' ); # Automatically pick up a META.yml from the target directory $rule->no_index->in( 'My-Distribution' ); The "no_index" method applies a set of rules as per the no_index section in a "META.yml" file. SUPPORT
Bugs should always be submitted via the CPAN bug tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=File-Find-Rule-Perl> For other issues, contact the maintainer AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
<http://ali.as/>, File::Find::Rule, File::Find::Rule::PPI COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2012 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2012-10-31 File::Find::Rule::Perl(3)