Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: command job not running
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting command job not running Post 302386174 by userscript on Monday 11th of January 2010 03:07:34 PM
Old 01-11-2010
command job not running

Hi,

I have an autosys box job and 2 command jobs. When i force start the box job the command jobs are moving to 'Active' state but are not running. I have tried various options for the start times and run windows but doesnt seem to work. Any help is appreciated
Code:

update_job: job1.jil job_type: b 
owner: xxxxx
permission: gx 
date_conditions: 1 
run_calendar: "Weekends"
start_times: "14:30" 
description: "Jil for auto rebooting WL instances each weekend." 
job_terminator: 1 
alarm_if_fail: 1 

update_job: job2.jil job_type: c 
box_name: job1.jil
command: /tmp/shutdown.sh
machine: server
owner:xxxxx 
start_times: "14:30"
description: "Stop Managed Server" 
box_terminator: 1
std_out_file: /tmp/$AUTO_JOB_NAME`date +%m%d`.out 
std_err_file: /tmp/$AUTO_JOB_NAME`date +%m%d`.err 

update_job: job3.jil job_type: c 
box_name: job1.jil
command: /tmp/mgdstart.sh
machine: server 
owner: xxxxx
start_times: "14:35"
condition: success(job2.jil)
description: "Start Managed server" 
std_out_file: /tmp/$AUTO_JOB_NAME`date +%m%d`.out 
std_err_file: /tmp/$AUTO_JOB_NAME`date +%m%d`.err 

The command jobs by themselves run successfully but not when i put them in a box job.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Last edited by Scott; 01-11-2010 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Cron Job Not Running

Hi, I have a cron schedule like this 04,16,28,40,52 * * * * /nag/startProcessABatch (unix script) i want to add new lines in this file (like Logging), i just copy this file into a /tmp folder (for backup copy), and i have edited this file (added few lines of code for logging). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
1 Replies

2. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job giving error while running SSH command

Hi All, The script which i am using to SSH to remote server is working fine when i run is using ./ but when cron runs it it gives error that "ssh: not found" please help!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: visingha
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running the job continously.

I run a job, before completion of that job, another one started the same job in the middle of running the same job. What will happen? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab job not running

Hi all, down here part of the scheduled job in crontab (AIX Version 5) i have problem running jspPRE-ALL. i verrify permissions and privileges (the others job are working good) if i run the job in command line it work correctly # # Aggiornamento doni e continuity 00 02 * * 2-6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilpasta
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script

cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script but the shell script works fine from command line.. Cronjob: 5 * * * * /home/dreg/script.sh script.sh: #!/bin/ksh /oracle/u000/app/oracle/product/10204/GEN/bin/sqlplus -s <user>/<pass>@<sid/home/dreg/sqlscript.sh ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikea
18 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job not running

Hi All, I am editing crontab using -e option to add a new job Below is the line 30 * * * * scriptpath This job is not executing every thirty minutes. I have checked, cron daemon is running. What did I miss? Can some one help? I am using cron shell..ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yabhi_22
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron job is not running

Hi, I have set up the crontab as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # crontab -l 0-59 * * * * /var/tmp/r.sh 0-59 * * * * date >> /var/tmp/log root@IDC4VASAPP07 # r.sh is as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # cat r.sh #!/bin/bash dt1=$(perl -e 'use POSIX;print strftime... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in running job

I have a parameter A its value is given below A= 'Hi Hello' When I am trying to use this parameter in my script to call the job,its giving me invalid parameters due to space between Hi & Hello -param A=$A param A=Hi Hello. in above since there space after hi it will give invalid... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON job still running?

Hi All, I am writing a script that will eventually be executed by a cron job every 15 minutes. I want to make sure that my logic/script doesn't get executed if a previous job is still running. What would be the best way to handle that scenario? I was thinking to make my script create a temporary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdogadin
1 Replies
PSERVER(1)							      pserver								PSERVER(1)

NAME
pserver - NetWare print server SYNOPSIS
pserver [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job type ] [ -t timeout ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
pserver is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and feeds incoming print jobs to the Linux printing system. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command When a job is received from the print queue, pserver forks off a new process, and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is executed for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job type Each job in a NetWare print queue has a job type. For print jobs, this corresponds to the number of the form the job should be printed on. You can tell pserver that it should only receive jobs for one specific form from the queue. The default is -1, which means that everything is received. -t timeout Pserver is not informed by NetWare servers when new jobs arrive. So a polling scheme has to be used. When there are no jobs to service, timeout tells pserver how long to wait between two requests. The default is 30 seconds. When a job is finished, pserver asks the NetWare server immediately for a new job, and does not wait timeout seconds. -d Normally, pserver daemonizes itself. -d tells it not to do so. This is useful if you want to see the diagnostic messages that are printed when a error occurs. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pserver was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pserver 10/22/1996 PSERVER(1)