Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting current time from wolfram.com using python Post 302385989 by frozensmilz on Monday 11th of January 2010 03:04:41 AM
Old 01-11-2010
Is there any ntp command for windows ?. The built in internet time sync in windows wont work if the system time difference is huge (like years) from actual time. My laptop is manufactured in 2004 so the time defaults to July 2004 if the bios battery runs out of charge.

Usually i dont care what time my laptop keeps, but the websites that requires user accounts wont login properly if the system time is wrong, i didnt know that websites really cares about my system time. Is there anyway to bypass this ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for AWK output with current time

Hi, Any suggestion to get the AWK output with time in each line ? I want to have the vmstat in solaris with time append to everyline like this: kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr s0 s1 s3 sd in sy cs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roxy2k
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How far is given date from current time?

give a date and time: Jun 12 21:05:16 06-12-2012 21:05:16 2012/06/12 21:05:16 How can i subtract these dates and times from the current date and time and get back the difference in seconds? a one liner like: echo "Jun 12 21:05:16" | some perl/awk programming 90900s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display current time in the prompt

Hello All, I would like to display the current time in prompt. I tried using following command: export PS1="$(date +%k:%M:%S) $ " but it gave me a fixed time in prompt whereas my objective is to get the current time everytime. $ export PS1="$(date +%k:%M:%S) $ " 17:42:42 $ 17:42:42 $... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
32 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time

Hi Folks, My server time is in EDT. And i am sending automated mails from that server in which i need to display the current date time as per IST (GMT+5:30). Please advice how to display the date time as per IST. IST time leads 9:30 mins to EDT. and i wrote something like below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add current date and time

i have file 1.txt asdas|csada|13|03|10|04|23|A1|canberra sdasd|sfdsf|13|04|26|23|28|A1|sydney i want to add today's date and time in the end of each row expected output asdas|csada|13|03|10|04|23|A1|canberra|130430|1358 sdasd|sfdsf|13|04|26|23|28|A1|sydney|130430|1358 todays date... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the time exactly 24hrs from the current time

Hi guys, I am having file which contains below data. 2012-04-24 08:40:13 10739022730 1027699274PersonInfoShipTO details missing FirstName,LastName, 2012-04-24 08:40:13 10739022730 1027699274PersonInfoShipTO details missing FirstName,LastName, 2012-04-24 08:40:13 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

8. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
9 Replies
GRAB-ACCOUNT(8) 						 chiark utilities						   GRAB-ACCOUNT(8)

NAME
grab-account - add new account synchronised to remote system SYNOPSIS
grab-account local-user source [remote-user] DESCRIPTION
grab-account reconfigures sync-accounts to start synchronising a specified local user (which may not yet exist) from a specified remote system, and then invokes sync-accounts once to synchronise from that source. /etc/sync-accounts/createuser should contain a addhere line in the appropriate source section (ie, after host source). grab-account adds a user local-user [remote=remote-user] directive just before addhere and runs sync-accounts source. EXIT STATUS
0 All went well. any other There were problems. FILES
/etc/sync-accounts; See also sync-accounts(8). ENVIRONMENT
See sync-accounts(8). BUGS
There is no locking of /etc/sync-accounts so do not invoke grab-account from a script, or more than once at a time by hand. Do not edit /etc/sync-accounts by hand and also simultaneously run grab-account. The mechanism involving addhere is suboptimal. This should be done with an include feature in sync-accounts, so that grab-account does not have to edit a configuration file that really belongs to the sysadmin. AUTHOR
grab-account and this manpage are part of the sync-accounts package which was written by Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk>. They are Copyright 1999-2000,2002 Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk>, and Copyright 2000-2001 nCipher Corporation Ltd. The sync-accounts package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option) any later version. This is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, consult the Free Software Foundation's website at www.fsf.org, or the GNU Project website at www.gnu.org. SEE ALSO
sync-accounts(8), sync-accounts(5), passwd(5) Greenend 14th July 2002 GRAB-ACCOUNT(8)