Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date subtraction
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date subtraction Post 302385872 by anbu23 on Sunday 10th of January 2010 12:02:57 PM
Old 01-10-2010

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Subtraction in KSH

I need to figure out the numeric representation of the previous month (in an automated monthly-running script) so that I may append it to a filename. I have tried statements such as variable=`date +%m -1` (and several variations) but with no success. I have also tried simply assigning the value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

subtraction from date

hi gurus! i realize that my question shows my stupidness, but i need your help! i have: s_date=`date +%m-%d-%Y_%I%p` variable and i need the same, but minus one hour.. what i made: s_date=time(`date +%m-%d-%Y_%I%p`) - 3600 but i'm getting: daily_exports.sh: line 20: syntax error near... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarGur
4 Replies

3. Linux

date subtraction(URGENT)

Hi all, I need the date subtraction fuctionality using shell commands. For example: date1:Wed Apr 5 08:35:21 IST 2006 date2:Tue Apr 4 10:35:44 IST 2006 I need the date subtraction result like " 22 hours 23 seconds". Please guide me to complete this task. Can you please help me ASAP. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk subtraction

hi i have file 1 as follows: 6 7 8 9 10 i have file 2 as follows: 5 5 5 5 5 i want file 3 as follows: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

use of uninitialized value in subtraction

Hallo all i am trying to execute this script ............... But this is throwing the error...... use of uninitialized value in subtraction in at icd_convert.pl line 156 use of uninitialized value in subtraction in at icd_convert.pl line 157 use of uninitialized value in subtraction in at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Subtraction with time.

HI gurus... I have a PERL file that help me extract the date and time of the file. The format of this is: yyyymmddhhmmss. Example: 20100430070935 (April 30 2010 07:09:35) How can i subtract the acquired time from system's time..?? The answer... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtraction

Hi #!/bin/sh month=`date +%m` year=`date +%Y` echo $month a=02 # Retaining Data for Current and Previous Month lmonth=`expr $month - $a` if test "$lmonth" = "0" then lmonth=12 year=`expr $year - 1` fi echo $year echo $lmonth The output is (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhayman
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtraction using arrays

Hello all . I have two arrays. ${ARRAY_MOUNT_POINT_CAPACITY} ${ARRAY_MOUNT_POINT_CAPACITY}. Whats the synatx of subtracting their values , placing them in variable V1 and then echoeing it ??? Ive tried expr and let ...gives me ./test_code.sh: difference: bad number (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help on date subtraction

I have dates as follows in a file 20121029135649 20121029135721 20121030091540 20121030093420 20121030094340 20121030095427 20121030095856 20121030100104 20121030100251 All these dates are in sorted order. I need to find out the difference between the dates as follows 2nd row... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetsriharsha
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date Subtraction

Hello All, I am a newbie to unix shell scripting and need to write a script that displays the difference between two variables that stores date value. For example, F1=`ls -ltr file1* | tail -1 |tr -s ' ' |cut -d' ' -f6,7,8` F2=`ls -ltr file2* | tail -1 |tr -s ' ' |cut -d' ' -f6,7,8` F1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyaa2010
3 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)