Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IPC Message Queue. msgrcv doesnt work.. Post 302385851 by pludi on Sunday 10th of January 2010 10:06:59 AM
Old 01-10-2010
Please no not post homework in the main Forums. Thread closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd.. doesnt work

hi when i want to go to previous directory by typing cd.. i get the following message $ cd.. ksh: cd..: not found Please help rintingtong (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rintingtong
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

ls command doesnt work

Good Day I mistakely renamed the dld.sl file in the /usr/lib directory. When i try to ls/ftp into the box i get this error :eek: crt0: ERROR couldn't open /usr/lib/dld.sl errno:000000002 I have tried to rename it back from the renamed file to the original file name, but it gives me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnbishop
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

posix ipc message queue

Hello, My question is related to "pipcs -qa" command under HP-UX 11i PA-RISC 64 bits. We have a little C program that creates posix ipc message queues using the mq_open() system function. The program fail with 'No space left on device' error when we create big queues. What is the system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadanir
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp doesnt work - Help

When trying to copy a file in Solaris 8 it doesnt copy file or give a error. This worked 100% until the 29th. I've checked the rights and everything seems fine: drwxrwxrwx 2 bmuser bmgroup 11776 Jan 3 10:32 spool This is the file I want to copy: -rwxrwxrwx 1 bmuser bmgroup ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudi.okelly
26 Replies

5. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

6. Programming

IPC - queue problems

Hi, I´m having a lot of problems when working with message queues, both on HP-UX Systems and Sun Solaris. When we fill a queue with a messages, the system hangs and locks everything that relies on the use of IPC resources. Anyone knows how to eliminate this problem? Thanks, Haroldo Teixeira (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroldo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alert doesnt contain any message

I have created a script which will monitor disk space in unix, it will send an email alert that will notify the specified receipients. I used echo in the mailx command but the email doesnt contain any message. I have used printf to store the message ($message2) and when tried to display on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lscanaleta
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop doesnt work

It just does the break...even though the files are not the same... # Compare extracts #========================================== count=0 while (( count < 5 )) do (( count+=1 )) echo "Try $count" file1=$(ls -l /tmp/psjava.xml|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
5 Replies

9. AIX

Vi doesnt work

Hi Guys, I have a strange problem.( AIX 6.1) "vi" is not working at all..Whenever i #vi <anythin> ,, it returns the prompt back. Any clues folks?? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why doesnt it work?

I am trying to print out two fields in a file using awk. So, I have got awk -F '\t' 'NF = 2 {print $1 $2 "]"}' two.txt in a script called what.awk When i run this version like this - ./what.awk then it runs however I want to run the program like this awk -f what.awk two.txt. When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: The undertaker
8 Replies
Simple(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Simple(3pm)

NAME
Thread::Pool::Simple - A simple thread-pool implementation SYNOPSIS
use Thread::Pool::Simple; my $pool = Thread::Pool::Simple->new( min => 3, # at least 3 workers max => 5, # at most 5 workers load => 10, # increase worker if on average every worker has 10 jobs waiting init => [&init_handle, $arg1, $arg2, ...] # run before creating worker thread pre => [&pre_handle, $arg1, $arg2, ...] # run after creating worker thread do => [&do_handle, $arg1, $arg2, ...] # job handler for each worker post => [&post_handle, $arg1, $arg2, ...] # run before worker threads end passid => 1, # whether to pass the job id as the first argument to the &do_handle lifespan => 10000, # total jobs handled by each worker ); my ($id1) = $pool->add(@arg1); # call in list context my $id2 = $pool->add(@arg2); # call in scalar conetxt $pool->add(@arg3) # call in void context my @ret = $pool->remove($id1); # get result (block) my $ret = $pool->remove_nb($id2); # get result (no block) $pool->cancel($id1); # cancel the job $pool->cancel_all(); # cancel all jobs $pool->join(); # wait till all jobs are done $pool->detach(); # don't wait. DESCRIPTION
"Thread::Pool::Simple" provides a simple thread-pool implementaion without external dependencies outside core modules. Jobs can be submitted to and handled by multi-threaded `workers' managed by the pool. AUTHOR
Jianyuan Wu, <jwu@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007 by Jianyuan Wu This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-10-04 Simple(3pm)