Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting current time from wolfram.com using python Post 302385823 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 10th of January 2010 07:17:44 AM
Old 01-10-2010
Hi, is there a reason for not using ntp for that purpose?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for AWK output with current time

Hi, Any suggestion to get the AWK output with time in each line ? I want to have the vmstat in solaris with time append to everyline like this: kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr s0 s1 s3 sd in sy cs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roxy2k
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How far is given date from current time?

give a date and time: Jun 12 21:05:16 06-12-2012 21:05:16 2012/06/12 21:05:16 How can i subtract these dates and times from the current date and time and get back the difference in seconds? a one liner like: echo "Jun 12 21:05:16" | some perl/awk programming 90900s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display current time in the prompt

Hello All, I would like to display the current time in prompt. I tried using following command: export PS1="$(date +%k:%M:%S) $ " but it gave me a fixed time in prompt whereas my objective is to get the current time everytime. $ export PS1="$(date +%k:%M:%S) $ " 17:42:42 $ 17:42:42 $... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
32 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time

Hi Folks, My server time is in EDT. And i am sending automated mails from that server in which i need to display the current date time as per IST (GMT+5:30). Please advice how to display the date time as per IST. IST time leads 9:30 mins to EDT. and i wrote something like below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add current date and time

i have file 1.txt asdas|csada|13|03|10|04|23|A1|canberra sdasd|sfdsf|13|04|26|23|28|A1|sydney i want to add today's date and time in the end of each row expected output asdas|csada|13|03|10|04|23|A1|canberra|130430|1358 sdasd|sfdsf|13|04|26|23|28|A1|sydney|130430|1358 todays date... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the time exactly 24hrs from the current time

Hi guys, I am having file which contains below data. 2012-04-24 08:40:13 10739022730 1027699274PersonInfoShipTO details missing FirstName,LastName, 2012-04-24 08:40:13 10739022730 1027699274PersonInfoShipTO details missing FirstName,LastName, 2012-04-24 08:40:13 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

8. Programming

Arduino UNIX Time - Syncing Computer UNIX Time to Arduino Time with Python

Just finished a quick Python script to send the current unix time over to the Arduino from macOS, so in the absence of GPS or some other way to get the unix timestamp (epoch time) to the Arduino, I can get my macOS and Arduino UNO synced to within a second. Normally, when the Arduino starts... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
9 Replies
PYTHON-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  PYTHON-CONFIG(1)

NAME
python-config - output build options for python C/C++ extensions or embedding SYNOPSIS
python-config [ --prefix ] [ --exec-prefix ] [ --includes ] [ --libs ] [ --cflags ] [ --ldflags ] [ --extension-suffix ] [ --configdir ] [ --help ] DESCRIPTION
python-config helps compiling and linking programs, which embed the Python interpreter, or extension modules that can be loaded dynamically (at run time) into the interpreter. OPTIONS
--cflags print the C compiler flags. --ldflags print the flags that should be passed to the linker. --includes similar to --cflags but only with -I options (path to python header files). --libs similar to --ldflags but only with -l options (used libraries). --prefix prints the prefix (base directory) under which python can be found. --exec-prefix print the prefix used for executable program directories (such as bin, sbin, etc). --extension-suffix print suffix used for extension modules (including the _d modified for debug builds). --configdir prints the path to the configuration directory under which the Makefile, etc. can be found). --help print the usage message. EXAMPLES
To build the singe-file c program prog against the python library, use gcc $(python-config --cflags --ldflags) progr.cpp -o progr.cpp The same in a makefile: CFLAGS+=$(shell python-config --cflags) LDFLAGS+=$(shell python-config --ldflags) all: progr To build a dynamically loadable python module, use gcc $(python-config --cflags --ldflags) -shared -fPIC progr.cpp -o progr.so SEE ALSO
python (1) http://docs.python.org/extending/extending.html /usr/share/doc/python/faq/extending.html AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Johann Felix Soden <johfel@gmx.de> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). November 27, 2011 PYTHON-CONFIG(1)