Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine Post 302385702 by jenish_shah on Saturday 9th of January 2010 09:24:22 AM
Old 01-09-2010
Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine

Hello All,

Can anybody please tell me what is the maximum limit of Physical IBM Power Machine which can be handled by single HMC at a single point of time?

Thanks,
Jenish

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical volume and physical disk.

Hello, I need explanations about physical disks and physical volumes. What is the difference between these 2 things? In fact, i am trying to understand what the AIX lspv2command does. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Physical volume- no free physical partitions

I was in smit, checking on disc space, etc. and it appears that one of our physical volumes that is part of a large volume group, has no free physical partitions. The server is running AIX 5.1. What would be the advisable step to take in this instance? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
9 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Virtualization and physical resources

Hello everyone I would like to hear your opinions about virtualization and physical resources On aix we can create micropartitions with virtual ethernet and scsi resources. We can move partitions on line with partition mobility (here all have to be virtual). But hear I have a comment.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to find the number of physical processors and architecture in a hp-ux machine

Hi, I have two questions here. I need to find out the number of physical processors the HP-UX operating system is running in. Here i am referring to the physical processors in a system and not the number of cores. I can get the number of cores using the command 'ioscan -fnkC processor'.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawshank
7 Replies

5. Solaris

svc:/network/physical:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/net-physical" failed with exit status 96. [ n

After a memory upgrade all network interfaces are misconfigued. How do i resolve this issue. Below are some out puts.thanks. ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig eg1000g0:2 plumb ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg1000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersonedouard
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to count number of physical and virtual processors on Solaris machine.?

hi, I am using command psrinfo -p to check the number of physical processors present on any soalris machine.I want to check the number of virtual processors assigned for particular solaris machine. which command/set of command need to be used which can grep or show the total virtual processors... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
8 Replies

8. AIX

Virtualizing Physical Machine

Hi Experts - we have power710 (no VIOs) that is already connected to hmc and everything . I already have a Physical LPAR in there and network configured . Now I plan to delete that LPAR and then put Virtualization code (COD) to virtualize that machine by building VIO servers and stuff.Also ordered... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check everything are migrated after the physical to vmware virtual machine?

I have a physical machine , just use vmware tools migrated data to virtual machine . how can I check these two servers - old and new server , the data are the same , all files are copy to new server ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find whether Solaris installed on physical machine or on a VMware/KVM?

Hi All, . I am trying to find whether Solaris 11 installed on physical server or on VMware/KVM. I tried uname -a but it's giving only whether i installed on X86 or sparc machine. I tried prtdiag command but it's giving below information. command : prtdiag -v |grep "System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_lpar - Fence agent for IBM LPAR DESCRIPTION
fence_lpar accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_lpar can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. PARAMETERS
-o, --action=<action> Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -a, --ip=<ip> IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=<name> Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=<password> Login password or passphrase -S, --password-script=<script> Script to retrieve password -x, --ssh SSH connection (Default Value: 1) -k, --identity-file=<filename> Identity file for ssh -n <id> Name of the partition Partition name -s <id> Name of the managed system Managed system name -H, --hmc-version=<version> Force HMC version to use (3 or 4) (Default Value: 4) -c, --command-prompt=<prompt> Force command prompt (Default Value: [':~>', ']$', '$ ']) -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -u, --ipport=<port> TCP port to use for connection with device -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=<debugfile> Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=<char> Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 15) --power-wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check if fencing device is running. List available plugs/virtual machines or get status of machine (if it does not support more). metadata The operational behavior of this is not known. STDIN PARAMETERS
action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase passwd_script Script to retrieve password secure SSH connection (Default Value: 1) identity_file Identity file for ssh partition Partition name managed Managed system name hmc_version Force HMC version to use (3 or 4) (Default Value: 4) cmd_prompt Force command prompt (Default Value: [':~>', ']$', '$ ']) inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only ipport TCP port to use for connection with device verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 15) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) fence_lpar (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)